• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

templates customisation

Status
Not open for further replies.

ip19

Reaction score
I wrote this suggestion in the ideas portal:

http://www.3cx.com/ideas/index.php?page=idea_detail.php&i=1972

With v14 you had a huge change in the template customisation, with the automatical duplication of the template and the customised template folder,
but the problem is still the same: when you update the 3cx phone system you have a fork: the customised template could not match in important parameter with the updated basilar one.
95% of the customisation are single, overwriting parameters, so I think that you can store it separately and apply it after the basilar one is generated.
In this way the basilar template changes can be applied immediately also to the customised one.

Please vote it if you hade trouble during 3cx phone system update with customised template

Thanks
Alessandro

This has always been the case since we started from v8.
I still have yet to go back and take my mods and apply them to the v14 templates.

While the idea sounds nice, I'm still just fine with applying my own modifications as needed.
At times, I even prefer to review the vanilla templates for the new version to see what may be "new" and would make sense to apply.

Thus, my modified templates usually prepend the version.. such as "v14 - Cisco SPA5xx..." etc.
Since I manage multiple PBXs from v9 through v14.. keeping a short library was in order.

It's not rocket science to modify the templates to suit your needs. Just remember to start by copying the original file first.. "then" modifying the label first thing to differentiate. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.