Tenant ?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by shedster99, Aug 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shedster99

If 3CX doesn't support multi-tenant installs, what is the reference to tenants in the postgreSQL database and the API ( http://www.3cx.com/phone-system/hotel-pbx.html ) ?

tia...

2. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi,

No, the 3CX PBX currently does not support multitenant installs.
    This is something we "may" add in version 10. It's not a promise, but a possibility.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. shedster99

Thanks, having a scout around the forums it looks like it could be a seller especially if the pricing model was based on the current concurrent call model.

So the database structure and API usage is purely for future use/development ?
    Do you have a link to the development roadmap (if one exists) I couldn't find one...

Thanks

4. andrewbucklin

5. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

If I was 3CX and I saw that only 12 people for this, I certainly would not put any development resources behind it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. netswork

netswork Active Member

Thats why we need more votes :)

We host our customers servers in our datacenter and a multi-tenant option would be very be beneficial. Granted its not the most important thing I would like to see changed but would be a very nice added feature.

7. mylove4life

mylove4life New Member

I also dont see the need, why have it?

8. custodian

I know it's a fairly old post, but I just had to respond because Wow! That's a really short-sighted view. There are many other resellers and users of 3CX and we do see the need for it. I'll give you an example of a managed office where the office landlord provides phones for each rented out office. The ability to keep the offices separate is very important.

Another example would be if you wanted to use 1 3CX system in your head office, but had different branches that were essentially different companies so wanted to keep them separate.

I hope 3CX doesn't take your view of "we don't see the need ourselves so we won't implement it". Software would be so much more limited if people did that.

9. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

multi-tenant is now available

10. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

What will be the licensing model for multi-tenant version ?
    Will each tenant need separate licenses for simultaneous calls or licenses will be dynamically shared between the tenants ?

I regard this quite important question.

Regards

11. andrewbucklin

Each tenant will need their own license, but you can mix and match licenses. For example, one tenant can have a 16-channel call center edition while another can have a 4-channel standard edition, and another can be on a free trial license.

12. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

From my understanding the licensing is the normal way

Each instance of 3CX will require its own edition licence.

13. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

This sounds most reasonable -- my expectation is the same -- each tenant needs separate license.
    Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.