Terminal server myphone. Reinstall via browser after logoff

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by kevinsch, Jul 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kevinsch

Hello,

I have installed v10 desktop components on my terminal server for using myphone: v10.0.19547.1805.
    I used the option “Install locally on this computer” from the http://xxx:5000/myphone site . But when I logoff and logon again on the same server I have to do this again.... tried it for several times now. So I have to choose the option “Install locally on this computer” every time when I logon?

Micorsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 x86 with Citrix XenApp 5

What can I do?

2. kylejoe1

Re: Terminal server myphone. Reinstall via browser after log

You install first using the admin account on that server using "change user /install" then "change user /execute"?

I feel your pain, the change to Silverlight makes it hard for us on Citrix/Terminal Services, especially with multiple servers.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. kylejoe1

Here's the trick; within a logoff script, copy this folder to the users home drive and then using a login script, copy it back to same place within the romaing profile. Should work within a Citrix farm or normal terminal services setup where there are more then 1 server hosting users.

C:\Documents and Settings\joesmoe\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Silverlight

You can do the same thing to copy/restore the 3CX Phone settings too.

Chalk it up to bad design of the Silverlight app as it stores info in the Local Settings folder that is not copied to user profile by default.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. unoa

Well, copying the local appdata to the roaming profile during logoff and copying the data back to local appdata during login did not fix the issue for me. So I took a further look into Silverlight install parameters and found a other solution which has its up and downsides:

1. From the 3cX Phone System Machine I made a windows share on the folder which containts the Silverlight XAP file (in other words, this is the silverlight installation package for 3cX myphone). I shared this folder for authenticated users with read only permissions.
    2. I made a user specific GPO with both a logon and a logoff script with the following commandos:
    LOGON.BAT:
    Code:
    "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Silverlight\sllauncher.exe" /install:\\uncto3cx\<sharename>\MyPhone.xap /overwrite /origin:http://<3cxIP>:5000/myphone/ClientBin/MyPhone.xap /shortcut:desktop+startmenu
    LOGOFF.BAT:
    Code:
    "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Silverlight\sllauncher.exe" /origin:http://<3cxIP>:5000/myphone/ClientBin/MyPhone.xap /uninstall
    So, logoff uninstalls the app and logon install the app again. So:
    Disadvantages
    - Application might not auto startup during logon.
    - Auto sign-in settings are lost due to reinstallation application during logoff/logon.

Advantages
    - MyPhone updates automaticly on logon via the PBX.
    - People don't need to continuesly reinstall the application via the browser.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.