Terrible audio microphone quality on Windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Jamaica Gallardo, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jamaica Gallardo

Hi Team,

I am using ASUS X455LAB with Windows 10 operating system. I installed 3CX for Windows 12. However, upon installing 3CX configuration file and did test call, all I heard was terrible audio in microphone's quality. It is totally inaudible.

I also installed 3CX in Windows 10 from another laptop and it works fine.

Can you help me how to resolve this issue?

2. Marios Neophytou

Marios Neophytou Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Jamaica Gallardo,

3CXPhone for Windows 12 is an outdated product.
    Please upgrade to the latest version and let me know if this solve your issue.

Thank you

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Jamaica Gallardo

Hi Marios,

Thanks for your quick response.

I tried installing the latest version of 3CX for Windows. However, my config file says "The client is not compatible with the current version of 3CX Phone System. 3CX Phone System Version 15 updated with the latest service packs is required."

How do update the config file to match it with the latest version of 3CX?

4. Marios Neophytou

Marios Neophytou Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello,

What version of 3CXPhone system are you currently using?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Sopock

Sopock Member

Or he should contact the administrator for that?

6. JCLloyd

JCLloyd New Member

I am new to 3CX, and ran into the same thing during client setup... of v15 on Win10Prox64. I had to take the microphone gain down to 50, in the recording devices microphone properties. I was able to leave the AGC (Automatic Gain Control) active, doing that.

Side note: I bought an cheaper USB headset for testing, and it is notably rich in the lower end (125Hz to 250Hz). It sounds really good, but may be annoying to some. For reference, I bought a Cyber Acoustics "AC-5008".

I hope that helps, Jamaica Gallardo!

7. Doc Miller

I would love an answer to this problem.. since I have the same error "3CX phone system version 15 updated with the latest service packs is required"

I'm on 15.5.3849.1 running on Debian.. with android client: 15.1.90 (the mac client gives the same message about "Update 3CX")

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.