Tested Devices

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by matfalci, Jun 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matfalci

I'm trying to understand what devices i need for my office but i'm little confused, please update this page:

Tested Devices & Interoperability Notes !!!!

I'm searching through the forums pages but all devices have issue.... :oops:

2. matfalci

I understand that most of issue encountered are by phone and not by 3cx, but if a new user would like to buy 3cx pbx what phone are fully compatible now? without any issue? thank you

3. Nebula

Nebula New Member

I think what you need to understand is that whilst SIP is a standard, some manufacturers products are "more standard than others" IP telephony is at a stage where everyone is keen to introduce more features/functions and do not always adhere rigidly to the "standards", if there really is such a thing as this. I have read the relavent RFC's and some areas can be open to diferent interpretations so what is "standard"?

You best bet is to follow Matt's sugestion and use products such as Snom, Astra, Polycom, they are on the supported list and you will have fewer issues. I am not saying that every feature will work first time out of the box but they will be a lot less painful than some of the cheaper or non approved phones. I would disagree with using newer Cisco phones on the 3CX even though I support Cisco call manager and other Cisco hardware. The later Cisco phones are a pain to convert to SIP, Cisco are not interested in helping with any issues, their attitude is that if you are not using them with Call Manager - tough!

Good luck

4. matfalci

Unfortunately the "Tested devices & Interoperability notes" page is not up to date with all devices & latest firmware;

http://sites.google.com/a/3cx.com/3cx-wiki/Home/tested-devices--interoperability-notes

-----------------------
    Tested Devices & Interoperability Notes
    3CX Phone System 5.1 was tested with the following phones.

Phones

Aastra 5Xi - 2.2.0.166
    Cisco 7940 pos3.08.2.00
    Grandstream GXP2000/20 1.1.6.16 - BLF does not work consistently, Grandstream firmware issue
    Grandstream GXP2000/20 1.1.5.15 - Music on hold does not work well, Grandstream firmware issue
    Grandstream GXP2000/20 1.1.4.18 - BLF does not work well, Grandstream firmware issue
    Linksys SPA 901 /921 series 5.1.8(a) - Linksys does not support BLF
    Linksys SPA 922 /941 series 5.2.5(a) - Linksys does not support BLF
    Siemens Gigaset C470IP 020970000000 / 041.00
    Snom 320 6.5.15 & 7.1.30
    Snom 360 6.5.15 & 7.1.30
    Snom M3 01.01 - Issues with transferring of calls may reboot Snom gateway - Snom firmware issue
    Snom M3 01.07 - Issues with transferring of calls may reboot Snom gateway - Snom firmware issue
    Snom M3 01.11 - Issues with transferring of calls may reboot Snom gateway - Snom firmware issue
    Polycom 320 & 330 2.1.1.0037
    Polycom 320 & 330 3.2.3.0021
    Polycom 550 2.1.2.0078 - Music on hold does not work well, Polycom issue
    Aastra 480i 1.4.0.1048
    -----------------------

5. Nebula

Nebula New Member

I think you are missing my point. All I am saying is that you are probably going to get less issues with the products mentioned than with budget and unsupported hardware regardless of the interoperability notes and firmware versions. If you try hard enough you will almost always find some minor thing that doesn't quite work right first time but these issues are likely to be easy to fix especially with the more expensive supported phones. Remember 3cx work with the manufacturers and vice versa to make sure they work together. In general terms the more expensive the product, the more the manufacturer can afford to spend on supporting you to make it work with your chosen PBX. (Cisco excepted of course :) Which brings me back to budget phones like Linksys, let me think for a minute......who owns Linksys???? hmm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.