• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Tested Webcams with 3CX Phone (Post yours)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrisHansen

Reaction score
This thread is for people to confirm specific make & models of Webcams you have tried & work with the 3CX Phone. This will help future users decide what cam to buy as they will know its worked before.

I have tested:

Microsoft Lifechat USB Webcam
Dell Laptop XPS Webcam (Built in).

To add with the list of some web cams which where tested are the following;
Fujitsu Siemens
Logitech C120 Webcam
Microsoft LifeCam NX-6000
Thanks

All cameras should work with 3CX no matter what camera you use, or any other program that uses a camera should work due to the same conditions.

All the VoIP Phone or any camera program does is simply activate the camera, nothing else.

But to add to the thread:

Speed S8850i Webcam 8MP

Integrated HD Cam of my Acer Travelmate 8571 works with 3CX Phone.

Team,

I can see myself in the web cam, and my partner can see himself in his web cam. What are we not doing? Neither of us can see the otehr on the web cam.

Thanks

clarityscg said:
I can see myself in the web cam, and my partner can see himself in his web cam. What are we not doing? Neither of us can see the otehr on the web cam.
Hi Bruce

Very brief description, there could be many reasons. Please read "requirements for video calls" and "video signal state" on the link below, perhaps it will helps:
http://www.3cx.com/forums/3cxphone-video-beta-ver-12857-comments-15327.html#p78411

Also, if you have 3CXPhone's debug window opened when making/answering/holding a call, you may get a hint there.
Regards
vali

Hi all

I'm interested to know if somebody encountered a "webcam is not released when phone's video viewer is closed, I'm saying this because webcam's LED remains on" issue.

Releasing webcam when viewer is closed it is a basic feature which should work, and can be easily tested in the following way:
- open 3CXPhone, configure desired webcam to be used, then open phone's viewer (supposing it has not been already opened).
- open another program which is configured to use the same webcam - it should not be able, since it's used by 3CXphone.
- close 3CXphone's viewer and try again to open the other program - it should be able now to use the webcam.
In 3CXphone's window, you should observe, when closing viewer, "webcam... has been released".

This test passed in all our test configurations, regardless the OS and/or webcam, however that LED indicator not always proved corect, at least for a Creative model, which always stays light-on, regardless if any software is using it. I'm interested to know because somebody reported this issue happening using a notebook's builtin webcam - therefore, a second case following Creative's.

Thanks for any feedback
vali

My question is when you look at the 3cx documentation it shows each person video feed as a small 1x1 or 2x2 size video feed.
When I use the web conference feature my video feed shows up on other users as a large 640 x480 size and vica versa. How do you make all video feeds be the 2x2 size like in the 3cx docs.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norb.p
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.