Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Text To Speech and Virtual environment

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by linking13, Sep 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. linking13

I'm interested on implementing the Text To Speech functionality on a machine that is hosted on a virtual environment. Ernesto leave a comment that say "you should be able to use it without problems in such environments" but I don't understand how it possible to implement this feature since the moment that the Microsoft Speech API need a sound card that is not present the device on the virtual machine.

Could you please give me instruction if it's possible to implement this feature and how on a virtual machine?

2. VAD_Support

VAD_Support Active Member

I have tested it with VMWare 8 and works, but I'm sharing the sound card from the host.
    Are you in an environment without sound card at all? Can you try sharing the card from the host with the virtual machine?
    Are you 100% sure that the API needs the sound card? We're setting the output to wav file. If you want to test in your environment, I can send you a deployment package for a simple callflow using TTS, so you can install it in your virtualized environment and test before purchasing the VAD license. Just let me know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.