Text to speech error when using variables or functions

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by Louis-Philippe, Sep 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Louis-Philippe

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2012
    Messages:
    5
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hello,
    I’m trying to use the text-to-speech functionality with variables, but I always get the same error: error.semantic.ecmascript. For the test, I set my variable this way, Accessibility: ReadWrite, InitialValue: 'hello', Scope: Public
    I tried different approaches:
    Using the variable directly ex: project$.TextToRead
    Using a variable with the function concatenate ex: CONCATENATE(project$.TextToRead, ' world')
    Using only the concatenate function ex: CONCATENATE('Hello',' world')
    I always get the same error: “error.semantic.ecmascript”, which doesn't really help... But if a use only text ex: 'Hello world' it works flawlessly.

    To reduce probability of error, I created a new project containing only one playbackPrompt and retested all the above scenario with the exact same results.

    I’m using VAD 3.0.3821.0 and was using Phone system 11.0.26364.600, than I upgraded to sp1, so 11.0.27011.711. Phone system is installed in Windows 7 Ultimate N 32bit, running inside a Vmware Esxi virtual machine.

    Any idea?

    Thanks for the help and have a nice day,
    Louis-Philippe Giroux
     
  2. VAD_Support

    VAD_Support Active Member

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2009
    Messages:
    690
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi Louis-Philippe,

    I've been testing your scenario and it seems there is a bug. We'll make the fix and release it asap.

    Thanks for pointing it out.

    Regards,
     
  3. njfrost

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2012
    Messages:
    22
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi,
    Any news on when this will be fixed?
    I have to build an application for a client.

    I have a licenced VAD version 3.0.3821.0 and service pack 1 of 3CX 11.

    My (presumably same) error varies according to the scope of the variable, or whether I use concatenate.
    From the IvrServer log;

    Code:
    12:22:22.541|8160|(0):Error! Module '3CX.com.OSBjsi'. Error ID 501. errmsgReferenceError: project$ is not definedline1linetxttokentxt
    12:50:18.662|3592|(0):Error! Module '3CX.com.OSBjsi'. Error ID 501. errmsgReferenceError: callflow$ is not definedline1linetxttokentxt
    12:48:45.060|3580|(0):Error! Module '3CX.com.OSBjsi'. Error ID 501. errmsgReferenceError: CONCATENATE is not definedline1linetxttokentxt
    
    This from a test project with a single Prompt component using Text to Speech.
    Thanks
     
  4. VAD_Support

    VAD_Support Active Member

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2009
    Messages:
    690
    Likes Received:
    0
    The new build is ready to be released. You will have news very soon. Sorry about the delay.
     
  5. VAD_Support

    VAD_Support Active Member

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2009
    Messages:
    690
    Likes Received:
    0
    The new build has been released and is ready to download from http://www.3cx.com/downloads/3CXVAD3.msi
    Please give it a try and let us know if you keep having any problem.
    Thanks.
     
  6. njfrost

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2012
    Messages:
    22
    Likes Received:
    0
    Unfortunately I got

    "This installation package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package."

    Have been enjoying using the VAD today though!
    Getting to know the quirks of the .Net calling.

    Thanks
     
  7. VAD_Support

    VAD_Support Active Member

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2009
    Messages:
    690
    Likes Received:
    0
    This is probably an error in your browser cache. I have downloaded and tested the installer and works fine for me. Try to download the installer using a different browser or a different PC, or try to clear cache and temporary internet files and try again.
    Thanks,
     
  8. njfrost

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2012
    Messages:
    22
    Likes Received:
    0
    You were right about the browser cache!

    Have downloaded the new version of the VAD, and my application is now speaking the contents of variables.
    Thanks for fixing this.
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.