Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Text-To-Speech Paging

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Tom-Quinn, Mar 20, 2018.

Text-To-Speech Paging 5 5 2votes
5/5, 2 votes

1. Tom-Quinn

Hi,
    I would like to suggest Text-To-Speech paging. This would be useful for anyone who wants a quick page without the hassle of putting a customer on hold.

This would be implemented not on IP phones, but on the Web Interface, the softphones and possibly a separate program, maybe dedicated to a whole screen in reception etc.

I have made a mockup of the UI to explain.[​IMG]

There would be quick options such as "Please can ... come to ..." or just empty text fields. This could also be used for intercomming if there was an extension picked from the middle box.

Thanks, Tom

2. Tom-Quinn

Oh no :L just noticed the cursor and selection box in the mockup, shows I made it in powerpoint XD

3. voiptoys

voiptoys Active Member

This can easily be done. Let me know if you need help.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Silly English Kniggit

Yeah - build that yourself, or save time and get VoIPTools to do it for you. It's never going to be used by enough people to get 3CX to write it as a core function, or even a plugin.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...