Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Text-to-speech WAV files

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by njfrost, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. njfrost

Hi,

I now have my first live IVR site, and it's working very well.
    I'm using text-to-speech, and I've just noticed that from 10,000 calls, I've accumulated 130,000 wav files, using 26GB of disk space. As far as I can see, these are not being reused, so should really be deleted. I can easily write a script to do that, but I'd like to check first that this is a sensible course of action, or is this something that the IVR should be doing?

Thanks

2. VAD_Support

VAD_Support Active Member

Yes, you need to delete those files manually. The text to speech functionality needs to create a WAV file and then plays that file. After the file has been played, it is no longer used. The file contains the date and time of the call, so you can create a script that deletes old files once per day for example. That way you don't waste your disk space.
    Regards,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.