• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

TFTP on Debian

Status
Not open for further replies.

simply7

Bronze Partner
Basic Certified
Reaction score
Just wanted to throw this out there for anyone looking on setting up TFTP for older phones like Cisco 79xx series. Just a note - all commands are in italics.

Things you will want to have handy.

WinSCP and Putty.

I used WinSCP to find the provisioning instance folder which is located in /var/lib/3cxpbx/Instance1/Http/Interface/provisioning/

Open the provisioning XXXXXXX and use WinSCP to transfer the Cisco files.
If you don't have them you can find them here.
Just a little note, don't copy the folder and contents to the directory, just the contents.

Use Putty to ssh to your PBX or terminal if you are on a Mac.

Once connected you will need to install a TFTP server. For this I used tftp-hpa.
To install type:

sudo apt-get install tftpd-hpa

Your TFTP server is now installed. Now we need to edit the config file.

You can use vi or nano, I prefer nano to edit.

sudo nano /etc/default/tftpd-hpa

Edit the config file to reflect your provisioning directory. Don't forget the start and end quotes!

TFTP_USERNAME="tftp"
TFTP_DIRECTORY="/var/lib/3cxpbx/Instance1/Data/Http/Interface/provisioning/XXXXXXXX"
TFTP_ADDRESS="0.0.0.0:69"
TFTP_OPTIONS="--secure"

Write and exit Nano (use ctrl+O to write and ctrl+X to exit)

Now we need to make our changes active.
Type these commands:

service tftp-hpa stop

service tftp-hpa start

And that is all it takes to setup TFTP on your 3CX Debian server.

I think you'll find that the provisioning files are created on the fly by the web interface - any stored on disk are old and may not be updated.
We have a script that exports them to disk for TFTP.

Reactions: NickD_3CX
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.