Thank you SP1- Remote Ext finally works!

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tarmeeb, Sep 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tarmeeb

I have been running through hoops, to figure out this problem : For remote Extensions, you can hear voice in from the other end, but you cannot send your voice out!!!

So today came the SP1 for the console, and the update for the 3CXPhone,I have updated to SP-1 and the 3cxphone and what do you know, it is finally working :D......about time....

Good job on SP1 and 3CXPHONE updates

Now, I have to figure out the Echo thing for remote ext, really too bad, I guess this has to do with SPA-3102 settings.

I really think many of the problems I find people asking about here are due to Gateway setting (and firewall issues) than anything else.

Anyone with an updated and proper setting for SPA3102 @ 5.2.13(GW002)?
    If I was a tech savy person, I would totally put up a page for the proper settings, but I'm a novice and I don't want to confuse others, and post half cooked settings

This one is outdated and not comprehensive,
    http:/ /www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/linksys-3102/ - NO LONGER AVAILABLE

and have some serious baffling things, like the outbound proxy is left emtpy!!

2. complex1

complex1 Active Member

I am using a SPA3102 @ 5.2.13(GW002) and configure it as described by 3CX.
    The documentation is still up-to-date with no “half cooked settings” and I encountered no baffling things. The ATA is working like a charm.
    3CX v12 SP1

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. AndreasP_3CX

AndreasP_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

You are welcome tarmeeb we are happy that the Service Pack has solved some of your issues. if you have any further questions please let us know.

Best Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. tarmeeb

Please look at this image from the article of the spa3102 config:
    [​IMG]

For a normal user, she or he will assume outbound proxy should be left empty, most people will find this confusing, only to figure it out later on, after spending some time trying to get things work.

3CX is an amazing development, I strongly think you can capitalize on more users by making it more easier for non tech people, and offer remote setting for say 20USD, I am sure many home and small businesses would opt for 3cX
    and I think it should win an award for helping small bushiness around the world

5. complex1

complex1 Active Member

The only change I have made is the Proxy setting - I do not use the default SIP Listen port 5060 - which now is “PBX IP-address:SIP-port”. Other settings as shown in the picture.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.