the cabinet file has an invalid digital signature (XP emb)

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by bigsrl, Jul 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigsrl

Hi Everyone!

in this days i'm trying to install 3CX system (server) on Windows XP Embedded but when install start, system show me this message:

[​IMG]

i tryed everything but the error stay there.

The install log:

http://bigsrl.com/TEMP/3CXPhoneSystem_install.log

Anyone can help me to install this software?

in another scenario, i installed succesfully on xp embedded the 3CX server, so i don't think the problem is from the OS

thanks
    Bye

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Re: the cabinet file has an invalid digital signature (XP em

I'm assuming that you attempted another install from a different download?

Has the version of XP been updated with all of the latest (required) patches? I'm just thinking that the database that it is using to compare the digital signatures with, is, perhaps, out of date.

3. bigsrl

This problem is really strange, because all our server will born with restore of ghost backup; the ghost is the same until 1 year.

4 month ago i installed without any problem 3CX on this system! (is still running from our customers!)

The setup is the same now as the machine 4 month ago (v.11 - i have copy on my company server)

anyhow, when i see the problem try to re-download the lastest version from 3cx website...same problema
    i try to restore another time the ghost...same problem
    i try to follow this indication: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_other-windows_update/a-cabinet-file-necessary-for-installation-cannot/9b007762-f6be-4837-928d-59a98378e465 to de-register and re-register the Cryptographic Services...same problem!

windows patch...no! the update is disabled but systems are update at SP3...and i still don't know why another machine is work! (everything is the same)

I don't know what else i can try...

EDIT/UPDATE: i installed 3CX version 10 with success...but 11? :lol:

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It may be that the digital signature files are out-of-date, or corrupted, considering version 10 installed.

I'm not sure if this article will help.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/244296-45-enable-digital-signature-windows

5. bigsrl

the same as i try in microsoft post

this is a VERY BIG problem...i don't know why 3CX don't care about this...

without consider that i bought the licence... :S :S :S :S :S :S

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

All I can can is hat I have installed version 11 on three Win XP Pro machines with no issues, doing a restore on one, was another matter.

You can try installing on another machine, as a test, using the same download file, then remove it immediately if the install was successful.

If it did work, it would confirm that there was a problem with the machine you were trying to install it on, rather than with the downloaded file. Which is what I suspect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.