• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

The device I want.....Does it exist????

Status
Not open for further replies.

crown

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm looking for a wireless headset that works over WiFi and talks directly to the 3CX server, not as an "add-on" to a hard or soft phone. I guess this means the headset would need to have a SIP client built into it. I know its a big ask but you never know.
Many thanks

Hello,
No it does not exist?
but it's very good idea and easy to make
I hope we see it soon

You need to properly explain what your requirements are so we can make educated recommendations;

why do you want to communicate via WIFI / 802.11a/b/g/n?

why do you want a headset?

will you be roaming between WIFI access points? If so, you will not be able to hold an *active* VoIP session over a WIFI connection unless your WIFI access points support 'roaming'.

From what you mention simply either;

(a) get a Plantronics headset, hook it up to an IP phone

http://www.conferencingtechnologies.com/plc55wihe.html

or

(b) get a SNOM M3 or Linksys WIP310 and plug a headset into it

http://www.voiplink.com/Linksys_WIP310_Wireless_IP_Phone_SIP_p/linksys-wip310.htm

I haven't seen a SIP based headset but you can plug a headset into a SIP WiFi phone which can be clipped to the waist. I don't know if there is much of a market for something like that right now. Bluetooth is better suited given the variables involved in setting up any SIP device.

thats.what.i.said.

refer to my post about the restricitions on WIFI SIP phones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.