• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

the extension and id file!

Status
Not open for further replies.

philemon

Reaction score
I am installing for the fist time 3CX system!

i reached the point where i have the following message "double click on the attachment on your extension welcom email ....". Not sure i received such an email. i understood that this attachment would contain some information to be used by the system in the configuration process. Who should create this file for me.
i saw a temple in the form of cvs file on the web site, can i re-write this and use it? i also learnt that my administrator can send me back the attachment in case i don't get it , by the way who is my administrator?

Please advise.

philemon said:
i reached the point where i have the following message "double click on the attachment on your extension welcom email ....". Not sure i received such an email. i understood that this attachment would contain some information to be used by the system in the configuration process.

It sounds as though you installed the PBX and created an extension to auto-provision. If you also set-up (correctly), the ability of 3CX to send outgoing emails. Then the user (whose email address you would have also had to specify) would receive the welcome email with an attachment.

philemon said:
Who should create this file for me.

3CX would do this.

philemon said:
i saw a temple in the form of cvs file on the web site, can i re-write this and use it?

A lot depends on what type of set you are dealing with.

philemon said:
i also learnt that my administrator can send me back the attachment in case i don't get it , by the way who is my administrator?

Since you installed the PBX, then by default, you are the "administrator".

Be sure that you have configured 3CX to be able to send emails (correct SMTP server, etc.). You can then delete, and re-create the extension and the Welcome Email will be sent again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samuel_1997
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.