the extension and id file!

Discussion in 'Windows' started by philemon, Apr 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. philemon

I am installing for the fist time 3CX system!

i reached the point where i have the following message "double click on the attachment on your extension welcom email ....". Not sure i received such an email. i understood that this attachment would contain some information to be used by the system in the configuration process. Who should create this file for me.
    i saw a temple in the form of cvs file on the web site, can i re-write this and use it? i also learnt that my administrator can send me back the attachment in case i don't get it , by the way who is my administrator?

Please advise.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It sounds as though you installed the PBX and created an extension to auto-provision. If you also set-up (correctly), the ability of 3CX to send outgoing emails. Then the user (whose email address you would have also had to specify) would receive the welcome email with an attachment.

3CX would do this.

A lot depends on what type of set you are dealing with.

Since you installed the PBX, then by default, you are the "administrator".

Be sure that you have configured 3CX to be able to send emails (correct SMTP server, etc.). You can then delete, and re-create the extension and the Welcome Email will be sent again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.