The future of 3CX APIs

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by mcbsys, Jul 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcbsys

mcbsys New Member

Hi,

I'm considering a rewrite of a plugin app that currently uses the 3CXPhone for Windows API. I need to be able to trap call ringing and call answered events for inbound and outbound calls. The app I'm integrating with is Windows-based and does not have a SOAP or REST interface.

1. Is the 3CXPhone API still the best way to integrate with non-web apps? Will this API continue to be offered?

2. I could theoretically write a SOAP/REST wrapper for the 3rd-party CRM. If I do, would the CRM Plugin API give me access to the same events as the 3CXPhone API? Does it raise events on outbound calls as well as inbound?

3. Does any API work with the new 3CX web client in v15.5? All I see there under Settings > Integration is the ability to call a URL when the (inbound) call is ringing or answered.

Thanks,

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. mcbsys

mcbsys New Member

Hmm ... reviewing one of the pre-written CRM plugins (EBP.zip), I get the impression that it has access to the same code as the 3CXPhone API. For example, both have the OnCallStatusChanged event.

Maybe the CRM plugin API is just a way to wrap/embed CRM plugins within the generic DotNetScriptPlugin, whereas when I use the 3CXPhone API, I am writing my own, independent plugin that must be explicitly listed in 3CXWin8Phone.user.config?

If I'm seeing that right, that answers #2: I can write a CRM plugin without using SOAP/REST; it just won't benefit from the "easy" template-based stuff. And I can access all events on inbound and outbound calls. Right?

That still leaves #1 and #3...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.