The New Call Flow Designer in BETA

Discussion in 'Call Flow Designer' started by Ernesto, May 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 edossantos, May 26, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2017
  2. DL_

DL_

Great news, looking forward to testing it!

3. Schrodz

Looks good! I am just having trouble with the date settings. We need the CFD to check a date and only play a menu within a date range. For example in the summer play menu prompt 1, in the winter play menu 2.

Can you let me know how to do this?

4. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi @Schrodz,

In order to do that, you need to use a "Create a Condition" component. This component will let your callflow take different paths depending on a condition you set. You need a branch for summer, another branch for winter, and so on. Then, the condition you set to each branch needs to check the current date, and return true when you're in summer, winter, etc. Conditions are C# expressions, so you can use for example the following expression to return true if it's summer in the north hemisphere:
    Code:
    (DateTime.Now.Month == 6 && DateTime.Now.Day >= 21) || DateTime.Now.Month == 7 || DateTime.Now.Month == 8 || (DateTime.Now.Month == 9 && DateTime.Now.Day < 21)
    Hope the information helps, and please let us know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. voiphorizon

Do we have to go for a paid version of CFD for accessing all of its functions ?

Thanks,

6. millsey

millsey New Member

Hi Edson

Great news that the software is here at last for testing! Do you have any information on the dialler function please?

I have noticed so far that a previous call flow which set its own variables equal to session.ani , session.dnis and the other session variable does not work anymore. I also noticed that the variables created from those session variables disappeared from the HTTP request "Headers list" - whether this is a result of the first problem I don't know. But the conversion process is pretty good, almost everything came over from some fairly complex projects we have.

Millsey

7. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Just need a 3cx PRO license from what I understand to run the project - but the Program to create them is free.

8. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi @voiphorizon, as Craig said, the tool is completely free, you just need a PRO/ENT key in your 3CX server to run the apps created with the tool.

Kind regards.

9. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi @millsey,

RE the migration process, the problem you're experiencing is that in v14 there were parameters, which you filled in a grid, and these parameters were always converted to content using content type "x-www-form-urlencoded". Now the HTTP Request component has been improved, and you can send any content, for example JSON, an image encoded as bytes, etc. Because of this, now you have the Content Type and Content properties. The grid is still there, but now it's used to add headers to the request. That's why the parameters were not migrated, you need to do it manually.

RE outbound dialers, please check this page from the manual:
    http://www.3cx.com/docs/manual/cfd-creating-callflows-dialers

RE session variables, some of them have been removed, like the working directory and the last error description, which were used for VXML. But session.ani and session.dnis are still there and they should work, if you are having problems with that, please open a new thread in the forum and I'll be more than glad to help.

Kind regards.

10. DL_

DL_

There doesn't seem to be a clear indication of required fields in the components. For instance with an e-mail component added it kept failing until I put a blank string in username and password. After adding that it would build, but there was no indication in the manual or one the component that they were required fields.

11. neville

neville New Member

First, I am not a C# programmer.

I need to transfer to the on call support person after hours on their cellphone. There is a different phone number for each day of the week. How can I do this? I've tried a conditional component but not sure how get the day of week

#11 neville, May 27, 2017
    Last edited: May 27, 2017
  12. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi @DL_,

Thanks for your feedback.

When you open the configuration dialog, you will see a red sign on the right of mandatory fields. However, we'll add this information to the documentation.

Kind regards.

13. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi @neville,

Please open a new thread to tackle this specific issue as it might need some ping pongs....

You need to use the Conditional component. The Condition of the branch needs to be set to an expression that returns true for a specific day, for example for Mondays you can use:
    DateTime.Now.DayOfWeek == System.DayOfWeek.Monday

Kind regards.

14. DL_

DL_

Right, interesting I can see the red signs now when I open a new e-mail component, however the username and password fields appear to be mandatory (but aren't marked as so with the red icon) as it won't build without at least an empty string in those fields. As I had filled out the other fields there were no red icons when I was trying to troubleshoot why it wouldn't build and hadn't remembered that it did have these mandatory prompts originally. Therefore I think the issue is that it requires a username and password in the email component to be able to build, when it shouldn't need it.

15. DL_

DL_

Warnings (and probably Messages but haven't seen any of these) during build also disappear too quickly. Errors during build stay on screen but if it successfully builds you hardly have any time to notice that there was a warning, so you might miss it.

I would suggest that:
    There is a permanent icon displayed down next to "Error List" to show there are errors, warnings or messages during the last build or
    That a dialog box returns to say that the build was successful but with errors or
    That the error box stays expanded if there are warnings (and possibly messages) not just Errors.

16. DL_

DL_

Uploading the project to a queue.
    I might be a bit misguided here, but if you are using a Call Flow App when you upload it to a queue (Stell called VAD on that screen btw) most of the queue functions are no longer applicable. E.G. Music on hold, Intro Prompts, DID (not sure how this fits if you have a DID specified in your voice app?), advanced features or might be at least overidden by the voice app. It is difficult to be sure which options in the queue are still used and when.
    If the Voice App overrides everything then would it not be better to select a queue type (Standard or Voice App) near the top so that the irrelevant options are no longer available?
    Maybe even have two options when you click to add a queue - add a standard call queue or add a voice app?
    I might not be understanding the interaction between voice apps and call queues correctly but it doesn't seem clear.

17. DL_

DL_

Restarting Queue service.
    When you upload a new voice app it has to restart the queue service which cuts off all callers. In a busy long hour call centre with a number of queues this could cause significant disruption. I can see there is a good warning, but as the only way to truly test your voice app is on your live system (as you need a pro licence so can't set up a free test system) you may struggle to find a time when you can keep uploading and testing.

Is there any hope that this could be looked at so only the queue hosting that voice app is restarted rather than the whole service, affecting all queues. It would be easy to set up a testing queue just for testing your Call Flow Apps, before putting into a live queue.

I can appreciate this probably wouldn't be easy and may not be possible due to the architecture of the software.

18. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi @DL_

In first place, thanks for taking the time to evaluate the CFD and all your feedback so far, much appreciatted!

We'll check if we're properly verifying all the mandatory fields. I know the email and password for the email component are not mandatory, if the CFD is requiring them, we need to fix that. Thanks for reporting this.

Regarding the Error List, you can pin it to keep it open. When the build starts, the Output and Error List windows are automatically shown, and they should be kept open except if you minimize the CFD tool for example. But even in that case, just clicking on "Error List" which usually is at the bottom of the screen, you can open the window again and see the errors.

RE uploading the app to a queue and the options you have there, you're right in that it doesn't make much sense now to have all the options. But we have some plans for the future that will let you do other things with the CFD, such as controlling the queue behavior, and not just creating a voice app, so in those cases it will make sense to have those options. However I understand that now it might be a bit confusing having all those options which are not used for the CFD app...

Finally, restarting the services unfortunately is a must, because the process needs to unload a previously loaded DLL, in order to replace it with the new one, and that can only be done when the process is stopped. I understand that this might be a problem to test the app if you don't have a test machine with a PRO/ENT license, I'll forward this concern to the product manager so we see what we can do...

Thanks again for all the feedback!

Kind regards.

19. pkostovasilis

Do we have to install the beta release of 3cx V15.5 to use the call flow designer?
    Best regards,

20. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi @pkostovasilis,

The CFD generates apps that can be uploaded to 3CX v15.5. So, you need to have a 3CX v15.5 to run the apps. However, it's not necessary to install the CFD in the 3CX server, as it was required in v14. You can have a developer machine, with the CFD installed and no 3CX installation on it, and then deploy your apps to any 3CX v15.5 server.

Kind regards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.