Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

"The user is unavailable"

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jwnesbitt, Sep 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jwnesbitt

Hello all

This is my first experience with a virtual PBX

I setup an account with soho66 and that works perfectly

i then tried to add a second VOIP provider - poivy.com (sip.poiy.com), but everytime i try to make a call through it, i get the error

"The user is unavailable"

The 2 accounts are setup identically

any ideas ?

Thanks

Jody

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

By making a call through it, I assume you mean from the outside into the extension via that VoIP provider? Can you make outgoing calls over both providers? What do the 3CX logs show when a call comes in over each VoIP trunk? Compare the logs from the working one and the one that fails, does a call even show up from the second provider. I assume that both are showing up as registered in 3CX?

3. jwnesbitt

Hi

I was only trying outgoing calls

when i use soho66 as the provider, it makes outgoing calls

when i setup sip.poivy.com with the same rules and delete the soho66 account to make sure there are no conflicts, i get the error "The user is unavailable" when trying to make calls

Jody

4. jwnesbitt

I uninstalled 3cx and re-installed and its working fine now, so must have been something I did

thanks

Jody

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.