There's no support included with a 3CX purchase?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by psychobunny83, Dec 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psychobunny83

I bought the 16 concurrent call version of the Pro licence but it says I have no support and must purchase it. This was a annual plan, so why wouldn't it include support of any kind? Just wanted to confirm that is correct as I've never seen software come with zero support before so doesn't seem correct. Can't figure out how to contact 3CX for support otherwise though as my customer portal just shows my licence keys and then says I need to buy support.

2. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

Let's see, they could charge $500 more and include it in the price to support those who don't know what they'e doing or do it this way. I support this way. Microsoft doesn't support Windows unless you call for a $250 fee per call. Why not contact your reseller? Maybe he'll give you a discount.
    Why not look at the main dashboard and find that the upper right menu drops down to show you where to call for support?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Nick Galea likes this.
  3. psychobunny83

Umm okay. First off, when you click the upper right menu and click Contact Support, it takes you here: https://www.3cx.com/company/contact/ which has zero support info and just info@ email addresses for all their locations.

I love how you assume I'm just cheap and expect things for free. Your example about Windows makes no sense, because last time I checked you didn't pay Microsoft a yearly fee to use Windows, it's a one time purchase. We use Salesforce as our CRM where pay yearly for it, and it includes full support from that, we don't pay more for it. We use Google Apps and Office 365 for Microsoft Office, and all of those include direct support including phone support, again included with the subscription. So please spare me the attitude. People like you are the reason forums like these are so toxic. You have absolutely nothing of value to add, yet you take the time posting your response, wasting my time now coming on here to read it. If you have nothing of value to say, then keep it to yourself and go troll somewhere else. On this forum people are actually looking for assistance, not attitude.

4. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

You've been here 9 days and know all about it. Face it, you're cheap.

The menu I showed you gives phone numbers. Now be a good psychobunny and take out your VISA card and call.

By the way, Office365 is a yearly subscription and you don't get support.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #4 jimbo59, Dec 9, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
    keithshook and Nick Galea like this.
  5. accentlogic

accentlogic New Member

PsycoBunny83 - not sure why Jim wants to poke a psycho bunny, it sounds dangerous! ;)

But, he is correct, 3CX does not build the cost of product support into their licenses. They ask their resellers (like AccentLogic) to provide client support. If that does not make sense, then 3CX does offer paid support.

If your reseller is not willing or able to provide 3CX product support, feel free to contact us direct by emailing support@accentlogic.com. We will look at your situation and make a recommendation of how to proceed,and if we need to charge for it.

#5 accentlogic, Dec 9, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
    keithshook, jimbo59 and Nick Galea like this.
  6. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Hi,

You are correct.
    When you buy a license, you only get free maintenance for 1 year after purchase.
    If you also want support, you have to buy it separately. It’s not included.
    Maybe your reseller is willing to provide free support (e.g. for a limited of time) but if you want support directly from 3CX you have to buy it.
    https://www.3cx.com/ordering/pricing/annual-licences/
    https://www.3cx.com/ordering/pricing/support/

jimbo59 and Nick Galea like this.
  7. psychobunny83

I'm not looking for support like how to do something, my issue is I bought 3CX a month ago but we had to move it to a new server but now it keeps saying "Activation server says this licence has already been activated, contact support." I just installed on the new server and then restored my backup and it says that. So it's disappointing to have to buy a support plan just to contact 3CX when I feel like this is a product failure type issue and not a "how do I?" type inquiry, which of course would be for a fee.

8. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Then… still why… can’t you ask your reseller about this (for free)… let’s say, service of the company… 3 minutes work…

9. accentlogic

accentlogic New Member

As a reseller that would be something we would not charge for. It should be a quick fix. Has your reseller refused to assist?

keithshook likes this.
  10. psychobunny83

Okay I will email Amazon again, they said to contact 3CX so that's what I have been trying to do. I will see what they say again this time, thank you.

11. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

@psychobunny83: If you change your FQDN and SSL certificate, you need to release your FQDN first from 3CX customer portal, if you don't know your credentials, there is a procedure for recovering or ask your reseller.

To restore configuration on another server make first a backup of the old one, including FQDN and license, if FQDN is not going to change; or NOT including them, if you are changing FQDN during restore on a new server.

If FQDN has changed in restore, you will get an error about license, being used -- probably this is your situation.

This is generally a Sales question, not for Support of 3CX, if at all -- not necessary, if you follow the procedures for moving license on another server. If you are using a Free Edition license, you can simply abandon it and request a new one: https://www.3cx.com/phone-system/download-phone-system/, but you definitely will need a different FQDN.

#11 sip.bg, Dec 9, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
    Nick Galea likes this.
  12. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Thanks everybody for your help.

Psychobunny - your message should have explained that it was about a license key right from the start. And Google Apps, Office 365 certainly don't include support. Salesforce may do, but at $100 per user per month i guess it should do. Ours comes in at a little over $2 per user per month. Not the same thing.

You said you emailed Amazon? Amazon is not a 3CX reseller. The information you provide is a little confusing frankly. Anyway if its a license key question of course we can help. Please email us at sales@3cx.com and we will check the key

#12 Nick Galea, Dec 10, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
    DSXDATA, comms1 and nitrox like this.
  13. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

thank you for the heads up :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.