Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Thinking about Cloud Hosting (Google, AWS, OVH, etc)

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Brett Coleman, Jun 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brett Coleman

We are currently using a VOIP system that was unceremoniously discontinued last year. During my research, I came across 3CX and it appears it will work quite well. I have been trying out a 3CX hosted PBX Express and everything appears like it will work well.

The question I am wondering is should I go cloud? And if so, which service?

How big of a 'server' would I need for 16 simultaneous calls?

2. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Great you found in 3CX your solution.

In terms of picking a cloud hosting provider via PBXexpress, best to locate a service close to you. This will keep the latency to a minimum.
    Beside this it is fully yours which one to select. They mainly differentiate in price and management interface of the instance it self. If you run other service you may consolidate them into one hoster.

I like google for the interface and scripting. But I also like OVH due to the price advantage and included traffic.
    AWS I can not comment as for my own never used it but I guess the customer base speak for them self.
    1&1 has also a clean interface but restricted to make an account to the countries they operate in...

Hardware guidelines can be found here:
    https://www.3cx.com/docs/recommended-hardware-specifications-for-3cx/

and check best this video to get a feeling where by the above list needs to be adapted to:
    https://www.3cx.com/3cxacademy/videos/basic/installing/

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Bret Gordon

I have 3CX running in a Digital Ocean droplet with 2GB RAM ($20/month) on a NYC server with minimal delay using Flowroute trunk in Las Vegas and am in OKC area. Sounds crazy, I know, but it has been working beautifully so far!

I haven't tested with that many simultaneous calls, but I believe it should work. If not, it is easy to scale the droplet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.