Thinking of coming over from PBX in a Flash

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by rtaggart14, Aug 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rtaggart14

I am thinking about evaluating 3cx and possibly purchasing this pbx software for use in my company. I was hoping some folks would answer a few questions on capabilities for me.

1. My actual PBX will be in the cloud with several locations all connecting back to the pbx over the Internet. With my current asterisk solution if one of my remote locations loses internet then the pbx automatically forwards all calls for that location's ring group to the managers cell phone until their phones come online.

2. Night mode manual control - At each of our locations when the manager goes home he will press a blf soft-key that will automatically forward all calls to an answering service. When they come in the morning they press the key again to cancel. can this be done?

3. Multiple Parking Lots- For each location I setup a 5 slot parking lot with assoc. BLFs. Does 3cx support multiple separate parking lots?

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Question 1 - Desination if NO ANSWER for that Ring Group set to "Forward to Outside Number"

Question 2 - System Override. There is no key by default, you set it up in the Settings/ DialCodes. Second from bottom, add *64. Then *641 and *642 change the mode to Day / Night. So it would require 2 keys. As an alternative, if your phone supports XML Browser (like the Yealink, maybe others) I wrote 1 BLF button that brings up a menu and the user selects which status they want. A little easier to manage this way.

Question 3 - It has Shared Parking spots. So, just put those on the phones. SP0-SP49 (50 spots). There is *0 and *1 parking but I am not totally sure how those work.

Hope this is helpful to you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

There is an option as to what to do with a call to a set that is no longer registered providing it is a single call, direct to that extension number. If the set is a part of a ring group then the individual extensions"rules" will be ignored and the other sets in the ring group will continue to ring until a time limit (that you have set) has been reached. The call can then be sent on to another destination/voicemail.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If all of the phones in the ring group are at the same location, then the call should follow the ring groups final destination setting. There is not an option, that I'm aware of, that will differentiate between what to do with an unanswered call to the group, and what to do if all sets are no longer registered.

5. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

rtaggart14 - I was able to test your question 1. A ring Group with no "registered" memebrs follows the "No Answer" rule immediately and does not wait for the Timeout.

Attached Files:

• rg.png
      rg.png
      File size:
      39 KB
      Views:
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.