This application has failed to start because the application

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Tracker, Mar 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tracker

I am at a bit of a confused state right now because of the following...

When I install 3cx to one of my home servers [Running Windows Server 2003 Standard 32bit or Windows XP Pro 32bit] it works fine.

However if I attempt to install it to one of my main servers where it will reside for all of its real use it goes through the install process and everything looks like it should work however after installing when you attempt to goto the web site you end up with the following error.

*sorry if its a bit much but I figured the more info I provide the better my chances to resolve this are ;)*

Thats the error I get. It happens on both of my production servers. [Both running Windows Server 2003 Standard 64bit with ISS or Cassini] It does not matter what web server application I use both error out.

I have attempted to google the issue but came up empty perhaps I am just searching the wrong thing who knows.

Perhaps you all can help me find a solution?

Thanks

2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Is this version 7.1? Please try with version 7.1

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi

Also can you confirm the following information for us?

1) is this the first time you installed 3CX on the production machine?
    2) Can you go to the following location - C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Http\Interface and send me the Web.config file you see there?
    3) Can you also go to the following location : C:\Windows\assembly and tell me the Version number you see there. In 7.1 this should be 1.1.0.0. Yours is trying to load 0.0.0.0
    >>
    [ConfigurationErrorsException: Could not load file or assembly '3CXLicenseWrapper, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1)] <<

Did you install an alpha version or a beta on this production machine? I think you have traces on the machine left from a previous uninstallation.

I suggest you uninstall 3CX completely, run the 3cx Checker, confirm that in the global assembly cache everything is cleared and then install again.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Tracker

Hey guys thanks for the replies however shortly after I posted this I got it to start. Turns out I did not have the Visual C++ SP1 64bit package from microsoft installed.

But to answer your questons. I am using the latest release from 3cx.com :)

Now however I am facing a issue where 3cx will take a call and prompt correctly however it will not send the call out to my home pc with the 3cx voip software installed on it.

5. William400

William400 Well-Known Member

Hi

Can you please paste the verbose logging for such a call.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.