This is the worst install/upgrade out of any of the versions

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by llama, Sep 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. llama

Why did you guys make this so much harder to upgrade. Having to use a command line window to input settings is painful, on top of that once the software starts, I can't get past the configuration window because of a System.Exception: Bad params error. I've never had issue upgrading in the past and its really upsetting. I'm even using SP1 where that issue is suppose to be fixed. At any rate, the new management console looks really great in the background, I just wish I could use it.....

2. llama

For people in the same frustrating position that I was. Here is how to solve it. I found a thread that said the issue might be due to the backup having an operator/voicemail number already defined, but didn't explain how to fix it. So what I did was right click on the first start popup, then select inspect. Then delete the html from the inspector for the popup, then you'll have to delete a few more things by just hitting delete until all the backdrop stuff is gone. At this point you can navigate through the menus. Go to extensions and delete any extension in the 900's, I'm not sure if that was needed, but it was part of what they said in the other thread. Next you need to go to settings, parameters, then in the search box put operator. Double click this and change the operator to 0. Refresh the page and then you will be able to click through the welcome menu.

What's frustrating is that the error is completely misleading. On top of that, there is a page on the welcome menu for setting both the operator and the voicemail, so why not allow you to change it from there when you are importing from a backup so that we can avoid this issue.

Also, the new dashboard really is very nice!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.