threeway calling

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mlindekugel, Aug 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mlindekugel

I am trying to find instructions for threeway calling on the 3CX softphone. I searched the manual and couldn't anything.

any ideas?

thanks,
    Michael

2. mfm

mfm Active Member

Hi Michael,

Could you kindly explain further what you mean by 3 way calling?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

3 Way calling (PSTN term) = 3 party conference call

4. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

The only way to currently make a 3 way or more conference is to call 700 from any extension and have all members join the Conference of your choice.

Using the 3CX Call Assistant would make this easier as you can select which members you want from the interface.

The 3CX VoIP Phone doesn't support 3 Way Calling, you will have to use extension 700 which is the system conference extension to do what you need.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. mhanson

mhanson New Member

What I typically do if both parties are external is to get each party on a line, then forward both to my bridge, and then join myself.

6. mlindekugel

forward to your bridge? please explain the concept.

thanks,
    Michael

7. mhanson

mhanson New Member

3CX has built in Conference Bridges. I have mine set to 8505, though the default is 700 - So you can actually dial into the rooms by calling them as if they were extensions. Transferring works the same way.

AH2 likes this.
  8. AH2

AH2 New Member

How do you do transfers to the 700 conference room ? I've been trying to add 2 people from 2 different countries so I would have to call them and no luck.

What I do it's call each number and transfer to 700, but when I hang up to change and stay on extension 700 the call drops.

Thanks.

9. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @AH2

What version are you on? What phones are you using? Is there a conference room already created or are you creating a new?
    Generally if you are creating a conference room then you need to transfer the call to 700. There the conference service will ask you to create a new conference room before you complete the transfer. So you will need to provide the conference ID you want followed by the conference PIN. for example conference room 1 pin is 0000, so you will input 1*0000. This will create the conference room and then you can complete the transfer. For the second caller and since the conference room is already created then you can click transfer to 700 and enter the conference ID. Then you complete the transfer.

AH2 likes this.
  10. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

I still think a 3-party conference is possible with 3CX softphone relative easy for current calls -- answering or making second call will put the first call automatically on hold, then pressing button conference you will be opted to create a conference call -- my private conference. Ending conference call may require manual disconnect from conference view menu.

AH2 likes this.
  11. AH2

AH2 New Member

Using the latest version of v15 Free with the 3cx clients only, no ip phones. And the conference its always newly created.

I tried as you mentioned, to create a conference ID with PIN, then as soon as I get prompted to say my name for the conference created the call on hold to be transffered drops every time.

12. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

while you are on the phone with the first participant try hitting the conference button. That should place you and caller into a conference call. Does that work? If it does then from there you can click on the dialer pad open a new line and call the next participant. Once the call is answered you can press the conference number again and you will be placed into the conference call. Let me know if that works

AH2 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.