• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Time and Temp Announcer with 3CX

Status
Not open for further replies.

ted66

New User
Reaction score
I have a WeatherFone Time and temp announcer system that no longer works and needs to be replaced what it does is when someone calls the phone number it gives them a recorded message with an advertisement them the time, temperature and short whether forecast. I was wondering if this would be possible to do with 3CX. I would like the voice to be a recorded voice not a computer generated robotic voice. If you know how this could be done or have any ideas please let me know.

Thanks

Use the CFD. And TTS is much better now, it sounds great and not robotic (in most languages.)

Use the CFD. And TTS is much better now, it sounds great and not robotic (in most languages.)
How would I set that up so it would give the current time and temperature.

Are the APIs in the call flow designer?
You seem like you're gonna need help if you don't understand the CFD and APIs. Maybe hire someone who knows?

The CFD itself doesn't have Weather API. But it is C# and has a lot of components you can use.

You seem like you're gonna need help if you don't understand the CFD and APIs. Maybe hire someone who knows?

The CFD itself doesn't have Weather API. But it is C# and has a lot of components you can use.
What is the website for the Weather API.

I'm really surprised that anyone would use a service like that now-a-days. Most people probably have several devices, with GPS accurate time (and probably weather forcasts), within reach, including the device they'd place a call from.

Reactions: ConceptsWeb
I still need help with this so if someone could tell me how to set this up that would be great.

I don't mean to assume your level of knowledge on the matter, but, if you need to ask where to get the API and how to use it, I think it might be best to ask for help from someone more accustomed to developing.

Do keep this though, it should be completely possible using the 3CX Call Flow Designer.

Reactions: ConceptsWeb
These responses are not at all helpful. I know what an API is and have looked at them I just wanted to know what one you recommended there is many different versions.

These responses are not at all helpful. I know what an API is and have looked at them I just wanted to know what one you recommended there is many different versions.
Once again, if you need to ask, you probably don't know what you need. Just hire someone who does, you'll waste less time.

You just need an API that can give you a temperature in Celcius or Farenheit. Then, use the Play Dynamic Prompt function of CFD to say a phrase with the time and temp in it. It would take me 10min.

In your case, you spent more than that already, just asking for recommendations on API we don't even need or use.

I understand your frustration with the answers you have received thus far. Please understand that we can offer some guidance here on the public forums, and point you to some resources available to help you with your project, but we are not in a position to build the application for you via the forums. I suggest you start your investigation here. If, after poking at the Call Flow Designer for a bit, you have a specific question, we can help you with that.

Building on what others have already said, I agree that the text-to-speech engines are much, much better today. I would absolutely recommend you take that approach rather than uploading a pre-recorded wav file one or more times a day. However, using a pre-recorded wav file would greatly simplify the Call Flow Designer (CFD) application to the point where a non-programmer could probably build it by referencing some of the 3CX supplied sample applications as a guide. However, I suspect for a first time CFD developer building and publishing a CFD application is going to require a considerable effort.

If you want to use the text-to-speech approach (strongly recommended) my guess is you will probably need to hire a programmer (although there are examples of how to use a web service in a CFD application too). The good news is that your project is completely feasible and there are plenty of developers with the skills needed to build the application for you (we can help) if needed.

If you want to try and tackle this programming project yourself, I would suggest you start by downloading the CFD development tool and look at some of the sample applications. Keep in mind that to use the CFD you must have the Pro or Enterprise version of 3CX.

I do not want to use TTS what I need to set up is so that it starts off by saying good morning good afternoon or good evening and then says today is give the date time and then then the temperature. I do not need the weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NGPMH
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.