Time and Temp announcer

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tsukraw, Feb 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tsukraw

tsukraw New Member

Hey guys,
    No issue here just looking for ideas.
    I have a company who currently has a system like from the 80s that has a addon feature that a customer can call into a specific number and they hear a mini announcement and then "The current time is XX:XX pm with a temp of X degrees"
    We are working on getting a new 3CX install going. They want to replace the time/temp device with a newer unit.
    Has anyone ever heard of such a thing? The best i could come up with was a Viking DVA-TNT but it looks so old school there has to be something better out there that is able to do this isn't there?

Any ideas are welcome.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm not surprised that anything providing this sort of service is considered by most, to be "old school". The fact that almost everything we seem to touch now-a-days has a clock on it, has sent the dial-up time announcer to the retirement home. Temperature is announcement is the same. For a small price, those that have to know can stick a wireless sender unit on the outside of window.

I can understand that some people, that are used to using this sort of service, still want access to it, but anyone under, say 40, would find it easier to just look at their phone, or their computer screen, for the time, and a weather App/Gadgert for the temperature and forecast.

There is something like this...

http://www.sinesys.com/products/tas1.shtml

http://www.sinesys.com/support/manuals/pdf/tas1_doc.pdf

3. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

The screen of your phone tells you the time and if you used Grandstream phones, pressing NEXT SACREEN will show you weather, temperature, forecast and even stocks and currency. I don't think that the phone system is the ideal delivery method (and on remote phones you can customize their location ;-))

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.