Time Conditions/Time Based rules in 3CX

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by 3CX-IDEAS, Sep 28, 2015.

Time Conditions/Time Based rules in 3CX 5 5 4votes
5/5, 4 votes

1. 3CX-IDEAS

One big problem we are facing when migrating to 3CX is the lack of time conditions, or time based rules.

We need the ability to configure different ivr prompts for different days of week or specified hours of day.
    For example to play one prompt on Monday, another on Tuesday and etc. As well as, to play different message during specified hours.

2. alhambra-eidos

This is an important gap of 3CX.

Consider one 3CX operating in various countries (or regions). Currently, you can define 24th Dec as holiday for all countries on Incoming calls, but can´t define domestic holidays for each country.

Different holiday calendars (or time based) should be applied by DID (at Incoming Rules Level), in order to give a “holiday prompt” for a specific country, while other DID for other countries are in service.

This will be a great leap.
    Please consider it!
    Regards

3. solutionsit

Timed module

We ran into a situation where a option in our IVR needs to be timed. Meaning during work hours the destination needs to go to a ring group, and after work hours it needs to go a IVR or voicemail box.

So ideally this would be a different module like digital receptions, ringgroup... and just be able to put a timed action in the call flow.

4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Re: Timed module

Perhaps using a Dummy Extension would help?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. djahugen

how should one set up a dummy extension to solve this?

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Create an extension that all the calls initially route to. Use the forwarding options (of that extension), based on office hours, to send call to the required destination.

7. PatrickTodd

A non-hacky solution goes a long way towards customer satisfaction.

8. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Agreed. That is why newer versions are released, with additional features.

craigreilly likes this.
  9. Maxime Clermont

I'm very sorry to revive this old thread but I cannot believe that this feature has not been implemented yet. This is a very basic module to code and implement. As a 3CX parter, I have to reconsider using 3CX for our customers because in some cases, they require time conditions since they deal with countries with different time zones.

It has been two years, no signs of time conditions yet. I don't want to use a program, I want to use the web-based interface.

10. voiptoys

voiptoys Active Member

We built a "prompt scheduler" application to automatically change prompts based on time of day and day of week. Perhaps we could discuss in detail what you want and modify / enhance our tool to more fully meet your needs. I don't think this is a good candidate for a Call Flow Designer application simply because we don't want to funnel all the calls to a central extension for routing purposes, although I suppose you could. Rather I think a service that monitors all the conditions and controls office hours, and prompts is going to be more flexible. If you need help, we can build exactly what you need. The only other alternative is to wait.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. Maxime Clermont

Sorry but I'm not looking for a third-party solution. I'm looking for something that works out-of-the-box.

12. lexcom

There is no time zone for Saskatchewan -6:00 in 3CX. Saskatchewan (Canada) never changes the time but there is no setting for this in the software. Microsoft servers have added it over 10 years ago and Ideally if we select use the global time from the server in this time setting that would be ideal. For now we need to manually change it twice a year.

Ifrix Solutions likes this.
  13. timmbo