Time conditions / Time groups?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Lee Moreau, Jul 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lee Moreau

Hey everyone,

Switching from Asterisk but can't figure out how to do this or if it is possible. We run 2 businesses but both use the same phone system. Both work the same way though. Basically I have a time group set up which is our office hours, Monday-Friday 9-5 type thing. Then I have 2 time conditions set up:

Time condition 1: is for Company A
    It uses the above time group and says if time matches, go to Queue 1, if it doesn't match go to voicemail

Time condition 2: is for Company B
    it uses also the above time group and says also if time matches go to Queue 2, it not go to voicemail 2

Then I have 2 inbound DIDs 1 for each company that point to an IVR. The timeout for the IVR then points to time condition 1 for company A, and time condition 2 for company B.

Is that not possible in 3cx? I can't seem to figure it out. Basically I need the same digital receptionist menu to always come up and play, but at the time out I need it to go to a different place depending on if it's during office hours or not..

2. Lee Moreau

God I'm blind I think I just found it under the actual DID settings for inbound route, it seems like I can route differently based on business hours there. I guess the difference is that because I want to always have our "Thanks for calling XYZ company, if you know the extension dial it now, otherwise remain on the line someone will be right with you" message to play, but then if its after hours THEN it says "we are currently closed". So I guess I'd just have to do 2 digital receptionists, 1 for office hours and have it play that greeting then route to queue, then office closed and have it play that greeting but route to our voicemail after.

On a side note instead of starting another thread, is it possible to run the windows management console from another PC? Or just the server? My 3CX server will be in another room and I can use the web interface of course but really like the windows console since it's really fast. Wondering if I can run that on my own laptop to connect back?

3. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Yes, you can run the console from a remote PC.

http://3CXIPADDRESS:5000/Management

The ip address will be dependent if you are inside or outside of the LAN environment.

4. Lee Moreau

Thanks, I meant the actual application. Like on the windows machine there's a program windows management console. Same thing just is an application versus a website. The website is fine, I just find the application faster so was wondering if that can be run on a remote PC is all.

5. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

No, only the web interface via 5000 is available remotely unless you want rot run RDP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.