Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

time difference of 1 min in (ciscoSPA)IP phone and 3CX

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Ram!, Oct 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ram!

Hi All,

We have a 3cx version 12, in which all the phone(SPA504G) show 1 less that the time in 3CX.

In 3cx I have "pool.ntp.org" in time server and time zone for SPA is set. In SPA again NTP enable is "yes" and the primary NTP is "pool.ntp.org" and SPCP Auto detect is NO. But still has exact 1 minute difference with 3cx server.

In 3cx server to set time I have followed this link "http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/setting-windows-server-time/" but still has the same issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. efounco

efounco New Member

Ram, I rant into the same issue. Let me see if I can explain and offer you a solution...

In short, 3CX uses a manual offset value to adjust the time for DST. When you set the time in 3CX, check DST and set the offset
    value to 60 minutes, 3CX manually provisions the phone with the time -60 minutes. This method works great with most phones.
    However, not the Cisco SPA5xx. See, Cisco limits the maximum offset value to +- 59 minutes in the firmware. Even if you offset
    the time by 240 minutes in 3cx, the maximum the phone will allow for is +-59 minutes. Thus, your clock will always off by 1
    minute during DST.

The solution is simple. Ignore the 1 minute discrepancy during DST, or customize the SPA5xx provisioning template to use this
    instead:

Code:
    <Time_Zone group="Regional/Miscellaneous">%%param::time_timezone_linksys%%</Time_Zone>
    <Daylight_Saving_Time_Rule group="Regional/Miscellaneous">start=3/8/7/02:0:0;end=11/1/7/02:0:0;save=1</Daylight_Saving_Time_Rule>
    <Daylight_Saving_Time_Enable group="Regional/Miscellaneous">%%dstEnableDisable%%</Daylight_Saving_Time_Enable>
    These parameters will configure the phone to use your NTP server without any intervention from 3CX. It will switch to and from
    DST automatically.

3. Ram!

Hi efounco,

Its working Now!!

I really appreciate your help.

It is working with the template you gave, I had one doubt, In the template you gave the start and end has some numbers "3/8/7/02:0:0;end=11/1/7/02:0:0;save=1" , In which 3 is month and 8 is day, but I am not sure what is 7/02:0:0;save=1 could you please let me what this is?

Because we need it from start month-3 Day-30 hour-1 End month-10 day-26 hour-1 and offset(minutes)-60

Thanks for your help.

4. Ram!

Hi efounco,

I got to know through the SPA pdf and I have changed it accordingly.

Thank you for your help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.