• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Time not updating for Phones with specific office hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cody Fontaine

Reaction score
I have configured some extensions with specific office hours versus what is set for global.

Until daylight savings these worked perfectly, now it seems that none of the phones automatically switch to available when they are supposed to. All the phones and workstations (as it is across both physical phones and soft clients) display the correct time yet do not switch.

Hello @Cody Fontaine

What PBX version are you running? You can see the exact version on the Dashboard under the information column next to the licence tab. Is the installation running on Windows or linux? Is it a local install or a cloud based one?
Is the server time correct as that is what the PBX is using to Auto switch the extensions. Is the timezone set correctly under Settings / Timezone & Office Hours Settings?

Windows 10 server with all the latest updates local install.

Pbx version:

Server time is correct and is the correct time zone

Settings/Timezone is correct under office hours

Do the phones switch at a wrong time or the switch does not occur at all? Also what is your time zone? The phones that are set to global office hours switch correctly?

We are having a similar issue. 15.5.9348.3 on Windows Server 2012 R2. The switch never occurs and the phones stay on DND until manually switched to Available. Worked fine before daylight savings. Server is the same time zone as the extensions having issues. The two extensions use a Yealink T46S and a T48S.

Hello @andrew,[email protected]

Is the phone time and server time correct? Do the phones switch eventually or do they stay on DND. Do they switch from Available to DND at the end of the day?
Do you extensions that do not have this issue or are there only 2 extensions in total? What if you provision a 3CX client on the same extension, does that switch?

@YiannisH_3CX

The phones time match the server.
The never switch out to atleast +3 hours.
They do switch from Available to DND at their scheduled time at end of day.
These are the only two that have specific rules. We do have 3CX clients on these extensions and I believe they share the same behavior, as these extensions show DND from Presence information. I will double check that tomorrow morning.

Can you send a screenshot of the specific office hours from one of the extensions? Also do you have global office hours set?

@YiannisH_3CX
Yes we have global hours set, but not break times. Both extensions switched to Available on their own today. Not sure if it was at or before scheduled time. The only difference was that I forced one of the extensions into DND status before it's scheduled time last night. I will report back if they switch on their own again tomorrow.

Attachments

• SpecificHours.JPG
    SpecificHours.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 6
Please keep an eye on the issue and let us know tomorrow if you experience the issue again

Small update, the other phone that I didn't manually place in DND did not switch it's status to available this morning. The extension did report as available in presence information. The users computer was shutdown at the time, but they have the android client as well so I am assuming that followed the rules. It does appear to only be the phones that are stuck in DND and not the extensions. I am going to let the phone I had manually triggered into DND place itself into DND tonight to see if makes itself available on it's own again tomorrow.

@YiannisH_3CX

Just following up. While the phone did show DND it would still receive Que and Group calls with that status. We were able to resolve this issue by placing the phones in DND manually before or cycle DND during the scheduled out of office time. They now place and remove themselves from DND at their scheduled time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammad.k
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.