Time Server Not provisionig phones

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by simonhc, Jul 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. simonhc

Hello,

I am using 3cx version: v10.0.24018.2322 SP.6
    I am running this on a dellpoweredge 1750 dedicated server running SBS 2003 with the latest updates and service packs.

The phone being used are cisco 509gs with firmware version: 7.4.9c

Firstly 3cx works perfectly, all features perfom as expected.

The problem I am having is that the time displayed on the phones is not correct. I have tried setting it manually on the phones but they seem to loose roughly 2 minutes each day.
    Ideally I would like the phones to pull the correct time from a time server as per the normal 3cx setup.

At present I have 3cx configured in Phone provisioning as the "Time Server" set to: chronos.csr.net. This is reflected in the phone xma provisioning templates and when I connect to the phones individual web control panel.

However the time never seems to be correct. Is there a better way of setting this. Can anybody recommend a Time Server and the correct settings?

Thanks

Simon

2. wagner.damiao

Hello Simon,

Try configure a SNP Server inside your network.

Can you use a windows server.

Regards.

3. wagner.damiao

Sorry, NTP Server.

Follow the link:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/816042/en-us

Tks!

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

A quick search on the net will come up with a number of sites that list publicly available (accessible) time servers. I've used a variety over the years and have not had the issues that you are experiencing. When the SIP device queries the NTP, the result always seems to be correct to within a few seconds.

The fact that your phones time, is changing as much as it is, may be an issue with the set, and some sort of internal clock "drift" issue between NTP updates. To actually get a response from a proper NTP server, that is two minutes off, is unheard of.

Be sure that the sets are able to access the internet (router/firewall settings).

5. donbru01

donbru01 New Member

Hi , for phone you use STatic IP or use DHCP ??
    bruno

6. simonhc

Hi,

I have gone down the line of setting my server as a time server for my whole domain and that seems to have fixed everything..

Thnaks so much for all of the suggestions.

Simon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.