Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Time Warner and SPA3102 Physical Connection

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by petewatterschats, Feb 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. petewatterschats

petewatterschats New Member

I am a newbee and am in a learning process so I purchased a SPA3102 to use in a learning environment since I have a Time Warner service.

Please see attachment for my questions on how to cable things together

Attached Files:

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm assuming that you plan on using the FXO port (Line) as a trunk with 3CX, and the FXS port (phone) as an extension. In that case, your assumptions are correct, phone line, from the ATA goes to the Line socket, and the Phone socket is wired to a telephone.
    The blue, Internet port is what will be connected to your router. The yellow Ethernet port can be bridged to another device on your network IF the 3102 is set for that. Otherwise, the built-in router is active, along with DHCP. If that is the case, then the Ethernet port can be used for initial settings, but then all access should be through the Internet port, this function must be enabled.

3. Sopock

Sopock Member

Connect the RJ-11 phone cable (included) to the Voice Gateway’s LINE port and your telephone wall jack.
    in this case that jack is provided by cable modem...

Connect one end of a different RJ-11 phone cable to the Voice Gateway’s PHONE port. Connect the other end to your analog telephone or fax machine.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You have to enable access through the WAN (Internet) port (System tab,System Configuration/Enable Web admin Access), or you won't be able to configure the device when it is on the network (as you should only be using the blue, Internet port after the initial settings are changed). You also have to assign it a static IP as the LINE side won't work with 3CX if the IP of the device ever changes. The Phone side doesn't care as it registers with the PBX, but there is only one IP for the 3102, so it has to be static.
    There are a number of settings to change and , unfortunately, 3CX has removed it's 3102 configuration web-page.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.