Timeout or Invalid Option

Discussion in 'Call Flow Designer' started by GBC_James, Jun 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GBC_James

Hi
    I have created a main menu with 4 options. Each option goes to a different extension.
    They all work perfectly.
    However, I can't seem to get the Timeout or Invalid Option part to work.
    What I want is a transfer to a specific extension after 5 seconds time out, or if any digit it pressed except 1-4.

I have tried just adding a Transfer component, but it doesn't transfer after 5 seconds, it takes a lot loger, neither does it transfer if an incorrect digit is pressed.

I also tried adding a User Input component, and making sure only digits 1-4 were set as true, and the initial digit time out was 5 seconds, but still no joy, Also this adds a "Valid" box which I don't need.

I just want a basic transfer if it times out or there's a wrong digit.

Any help would be great, thanks.

2. GBC_James

Update: OK so I have kind of got it working, by recording a timeout prompt and an invalid digit prompt, but the timings are wrong.and the prompt repeat.

I have set max retries to 1 and also timeout (Sec) to 1, for test purposes.
    If I wait for it to time out, there is a 5 second pause, then the timeout prompt plays, then another 5 second pause and the prompt plays again, then it transfers to the timeout/incorrect extension

If I press an incorrect digit, it plays the incorrect digit prompt. If I press the wrong digit again it plays the incorrect digit prompt again but this time it ignores all input and then transfers to the timeout/incorrect extension.

What I was really hoping was that if an incorrect digit was pressed, or if no digit was pressed it would simple transfer without any voice prompt.

3. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi @GBC_James,

This is how the menu component works:
    1) It plays the messages specified in the Initial Prompts property, and then waits for user input during the number of seconds specified in the Timeout property.
    2) If no input is detected, the menu plays the messages specified in the Timeout Prompts property. Or if an invalid option is pressed, the menu plays the messages specified in the Invalid Digit Prompts property.
    3) The property MaxRetryCount is evaluated, if there are still additional attempts, the menu component plays the messages specified in Subsequent Prompts and waits for more input. Then it goes back to step 2.
    4) If there are not more attempts available, the menu continues executing the components in the "Timeout or Invalid Option" branch.

A few things to check:
    - Verify that your audio files don't have empty silence at the end. This sometimes causes confusion because the caller hears more silence than what they should...
    - Check if you have set the MaxRetryCount property to the value you need. If you don't want to let the user retry the input, then set it to zero.
    - Check the 3CX Queue Manager log, as explained here. There you will see the decisions taken by the Menu component, the input received, how it is processed, etc. That might give you a clue on what's going on...

Kind regards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. GBC_James

Hi @edossantos
    Thanks for the clear explanation. Understanding how the components work has helped a lot.
    What was throwing me was that I made the Invalid Digit Prompt the same as the messages specified in the Initial Prompts property (I thought this was a way to just repeat the options)

But now I understand. I have recorded a different message that simply says "Transferring your Call" and set that as the Invalid Digit Prompt.
    I have set the max retries to 0 and now it works as I want. An incorrect digit immediately calls the extension I want it to.
    This has also solved the time out option too. Now if there is no input it dials the extension I want straight away.

I hoped it would be something straight forward. Thanks very much for your help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.