Tired of walking around and around

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by miraportuga, Sep 16, 2007.

1. miraportuga

miraportuga Member

Ok i have a old router now on my setup, its a Speedtouch 570
    im trying to make Stun work... I tried many settings now, none seems to work(i havent quited yet). I need stun working becouse i got 2 VSP lines that need it to register and to work properly. So what i ask is, does anyone has, or had this router that can help ?
    Wont post logs here coz what i got is, the cant get external ip bla bla ...
    Thanks
    Cheers

2. webguyz

webguyz New Member

3. miraportuga

miraportuga Member

For what i've seen it can handle Stun Properly, now i just cant get STUN to work on 3cx :|

4. miraportuga

miraportuga Member

Any solutions for my case? Stunclient works ok, i can get the external ip with it, so i guess Stun works with this router. The thing is, 3cx cant get an external ip using.... Any ideas? i would really apreciate...
    Thanks

5. netpet

YES I FOUND

I think there is a bug in 3cx, I had the same problem with, everything should work perfect, but it didnt.

IMPORTANT: DONT CHANGE ANY SETTINGS OF YOUR ROUTER; INTERNET CONNECTION OR SERVER which is running 3cx.

Try the following:

Turn off your server
    Plug your server directly to your internet (without any firewall on the server)
    Start your server and 3cx
    look if 3cx works, if so turn off your computer and plug it into the router and connect the router again to the internet.

Then it works.

I think there is a bug in 3cx when it lost one time the STUN server or gets an bad answer from the STUN server (e.g. when it is down or when your IP Adress got on a blacklist, I am still sniffing ;-) ) it is not able to reconnect, even after restarting the server.

Hope it works

br netpet

6. miraportuga

miraportuga Member

That thought crossed my mind too, that it can be a bug. Its Strange that it happens with 3cx only, if i get another stun client works without any hassle... Anyways, im waiting for a new router, since this one is old and doesnt even has QoS. Ill try after that with a new router... Ill let you know if it worked or not.

Cheers

7. miraportuga

miraportuga Member

Finally got my new router, a Linksys AG241 V2 and i got my scheme working. Stun now works on 3cx. I think my old router was filtering packets that maybe he shouldnt..... anyways. Everything working now :D