Toggle Bluetooth on Android Client

Discussion in 'Android' started by Shane Farmer, Oct 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shane Farmer

Is this possible, but I don't see it? If it's not possible, can this be added?

I can do this on regular phone client. When I'm driving, I have to stop the car and open door to disconnect the Android client, or toggle Bluetooth on the phone to answer incoming call correctly.

Part of my issue is lack of audio due to aftermarket stereo installation, but also, if I wanted privacy, this is an issue.

2. Marios Neophytou

Marios Neophytou Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello,

What Android version do you have?

Thank you

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Shane Farmer

Android 7.0
    Samsung S8

4. Marios Neophytou

Staff Member 3CX Support

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Shane Farmer

Done. Will report back. Thanks!

6. Shane Farmer

Sorry it took so long to reply back. Issue hasn't been resolved. There is no way to toggle between Bluetooth/speaker/phone like there is in native phone clients. So basically I can't answer phone in my car unless I turn off Bluetooth on the phone itself.

I was on the beta build, now on build 15.5.146

#6 Shane Farmer, Nov 5, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
  7. Marios Neophytou

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello,

I understand your issue here but I have a question for you.
    Does this happen only with the 3CXPhone app?
    Have you ever try to answer a call coming from another VoIP application like Whatsapp, Viber , Skype etc using your car's Bluetooth ?

Thank you

8. Shane Farmer

I don't use any of those except for Hangouts. I don't think Hangouts has a Bluetooth toggle, but it does have speakerphone toggle, so I can just hit that. I might have a unique use case where I have aftermarker stereo and when hooked up, Ford uses an odd way of wiring and the shop didn't wire it correctly. They said they would fix, but I haven't had time to take in and get it solved.

Most of the phone calls I just use the Samsung Phone app of was using Android Phone with LineageOS before that. Both had a Bluetooth toggle that didn't turn off Bluetooth, it just switched to using the phone's built-in speaker or speakerphone.

It would be ideal if the 3CX could do the same thing. When I hit speakerphone, it just leaves me connected to Bluetooth. I will do some more testing the next few days.

9. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Your idea is interesting. A mobile device has multiple speakers and microphones that users can technically switch to.

Speakers:
    1) Loud Speaker
    2) Ear Speaker
    3) Bluetooth Speaker
    4) 2.5mm jack speaker

Microphones:
    1) Phone Onboard Microphone
    2) 2.5mm Jack Microphone
    3) Bluetooth Microphone

I'm sure we can think of a nice way to allow users to quick/switch between various devices easily and maybe to even allow them to create some device usage presets like using the bluetooth mic and using the loudspeaker as an output instead of the bluetooth speaker.

Not a bad suggestion generally. If you'd like to try and push for this i suggest you make a thread in the 3cx/ideas forum.

10. Shane Farmer

Thanks for the information and I'll post over there in Ideas. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.