Toggle incoming rule by dial code (or admin action)

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Genesio Lini, Mar 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Genesio Lini

Hello everyone,
    I am currently using an asterisk PBX setup that allow me to toggle a specific incoming rule (called "global do not disturb") when a dial code is entered.

This rule forwards all incoming calls to a recorded message and then ends the call.

We use this on particularly busy days when we don't want to be disturbed by external calls.

How can I accomplish this with 3CX?

Please note that the message is different from the standard "out of working hours" message, so I can use the "force out of office" dial code.

Even an admin action (in the Web UI) could be enough.

2. Saqqara

Saqqara Active Member

3. Genesio Lini

Thank you, the CFD solution is interesting.
    I don't have a PRO license at the moment but it could be worth upgrading

4. voiptoys

voiptoys Active Member

To expand on Genesio's suggestion, you would need to create a CFD application that leverages the Call Control API to actually change the inbound rule. Alternatively, you could route all your calls through a CFD application that checks a flag (value in a database for example) to control where the CFD routes calls. Either approach would work, but the CFD does require a 3CX Pro license. The 3rd option would be to create a web or windows app that calls the Call Control API directly, and this application modifies the inbound rules. The advantage of the web/windows app is that it doesn't require a pro license, but does require you open a application and push a button rather than call an extension.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Genesio Lini

Very interesting, thank you for the information.
    Is the Call Control API available in the debian edition aswell?
    I could build a small server app (with C# / Mono) to leverage this API and control it with a remote application

6. voiptoys

voiptoys Active Member

Yes. Although it is more typical to do this in .Net Core rather than Mono.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.