'Toll-bypass' feature? Remote control?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by 5qg4, Apr 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 5qg4

5qg4 Active Member

The DISA (Direct Inward System Access) seems still not implement at latest version (V7.1 RC3). The workaround should be setup the DR at 3CX to make IDD call via DR's voice menu .

Mobile Phone ==>3CX DR ==>Your SIP trunk costs less than $0.02/min==>PSTN number

3CX have user web interface for users remote setup their own extension via web browser.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

You can dial external number from your special menu (accessible through 999, and external line or DDI(DID) may be configured to deliver incoming calls to this "entity")
    After accessing special menu - press "9" (go to option menu) and then press "3". you will be prompted to enter external number.
    Access to 999 requires authentication so process is controlled by PBX and it is available only for authorized persons (PBX user).
    Ricky, is it a "DISA" or I have missed something?

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. 5qg4

5qg4 Active Member

Hi Stepan,

Yes. It works. The DISA feature had been added into the special menu. It's great to hear this feature 3CX had been supported.

I would like to know that how to control the calling ID which for pass to Telco.
    For my test as below:
    1. I use EXT 318 to login the special menu
    2. Then press 9 -> 3 -> PSTN number
    I expect the remote user can see my phone number XXXXX318. However, the remote user just see 10200. The 10200 is the gateway DN number. Any idea? My phone line is ISDN/PRI/T1 with SN4961 gateway.

Thanks

4. matictec

matictec New Member

this is the "make call" problem i have note several times. if you use this, equal through the 3cx assistant, voip client or the voicemail menu, "make call" does not use the external number of your extension. this is something that have really to be fixed.

5. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Ricky,

Is it in 7.1 RC3 or previous version?
    Is 10200 the "DN number" of outgoing line (which is used by IVR to deliver call) or it is the "DN" of incoming line (which has delivered call to Special Menu)?
    "outbound caller ID" is controlled by Outbound parameters in PSTN(VoipProvider) configuration.
    You can provide additional hints for PBX if you set Outbound Caller ID in extension configuration (it is for case if you access Special Menu directly from extension to make outgoing call).

Thanks

6. voiper

Hi there,

is the DISA function removed in 3CX version 8? I can't see any switches as described in the previous posts.

Any comments appreciated. Thank you.

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Switches? incoming trunk--> 999 (or whatever your Voicemail access number is), then option 9, then 3

8. Cjay

Cjay New Member

Settings >> Advanced Settings >> Custom Parameters then VMDIALOUTENABLED to 1

Then as Leejor describes.

Works for me!

9. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Not removed, just modified a bit so that it is disabled by default after an installation of Version 8.
    It was considered a security risk so we added a parameter where you can enable it if you ever need it.

The Parameter is in the post just above^^

10. voiper

Thank you for your valuable support. I made configuration like described and all worked well!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.