Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Too many questions, too little time!!

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by RobertKroll, Nov 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RobertKroll

Is there ANYBODY that has a working 3cx system in their office? I don't mean that sarcastically, but from what I can tell, there doesn't seem to be anybody that isn't having an issue. We are just testing the system out to see if we want to migrate to it, and frankly, I am ready to throw everything in the trash and stay with my antiquated Panasonic KX-TD. I can't seem to find ANY reseller that can provide pre-sale support, and I can't seem to find a local professional that can help us out. Can I trust my multi million dollar business that LIVES and DIES on the telephones to this system? From what I can tell, anything short of a doctorate in Computer Science, and you just AIN'T getting it working...

Whew, that being said, perhaps there is somebody that can answer some of my questions.

Here's an overview of what we have...we followed the advice and purchased compatible hardware. Brand new quad core PC running Windows Server Standard 2008 w/SQL2005 and using an Audiocodes MP-118 as the primary gateway. We also have a SPA-3201 and SPA-2201 that we want to integrate if and when I can get the rest working. Using a Linksys router right now, but we have purchased a Sonicwall to integrate very shortly. We have a 2003 server running our DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, yada yada yada.

Problems we are having and were able to find solutions on the forums that didn't work for us:
    -Audiocodes firmware VERY different than the one published
    -Incoming calls come through no problem, sound is good, little to no echo, but transfers are slow
    -Forward to outside line returns errors very similar to the ones already discussed in the forums. The system seems to be trying to dial in the background, but it never connects, and never releases the lines without resetting the server box. When I try to dial out from the softphone on one of my terminals, all I hear is a female voice over and over and over saying that the line is in use...bla bla bla
    -Softphone makes a remote connection, but any number dialed returns a forbidden error. I read a lot about the INVITE setting, but I cannot find where I can alter this setting in any way.
    -Dialing out from an inside line rings twice. I am hearing the internal ring 2-3 times, then I hear the outbound ring until the phone is answered. Unless the person answering the phone yells into the phone, the system doesn't recognize the call and stop ringing. So I have to shout "HELLO" in the hopes that the other person will shout "HELLO" back and we can have a conversation.
    -When somebody leaves a voicemail or utilizes the automated attendant, the next few calls that come in get an IVR error (similar to the ones already discussed int he forums). We take 80-100 calls per day...I can't have even ONE client getting that as a response when they call us.

I do NOT want to use one of the off the shelf asterisk boxes, and I do not want to use a pre configured appliance because it's features aren't configurable to what we want. From what we can tell 3CX is lean and mean and will do what we want, but I am seriously doubting if we aren't throwing $1000 in the trash if we can't rely on it. I am desperate for some help on this...any help, and I am willing to pay a professional if I can find one. If YOU have an answer and some time to talk, I am willing to listen USA:516-538-2840!

-BoB

2. RobertKroll

Matt,
    Thank you for getting in touch with Me. I learned a lot of information during our conversation yesterday. I want to publically thank the 3Cx community for their help and support. I have received MANY e-mails from people reaching out to help us get our train on the tracks. The 3Cx community is a shining example of a collaborative effort towards a common goal.

I am very optomistic that we will work the kinks out and I will someday be able to return the favor by perhaps helping others. Also a big thanks to Landis computer for expeditiously reaching out to contact me and offer so much support for free. This is a rare comodity in this industry and it shouldn't go without praise.

Optomistically,
    BoB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.