Tool Tip **NEXT UPDATE Xtend Timer

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by KerryG, May 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

The time out on the tool tips has got to be fixed. On some of the longer ones like explanations of the some of fields when setting up multicast paging you don't have time to even read half of it before it disappears. Preferably it wouldn't go away until I moved the mouse again. It is really driving me nuts, I had to do a screen capture just to be able to read some of them.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. dab

dab

Re: Toll Tip Total Frustration

If there will be a change in tool tips it would be also verry nice if they where multiline, since not everyone is administering their 3CX with a 26" or larger monitor ...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. reighnman

Re: Tool Tip Total Frustration

Totally agree, I end up having to inch the mouse around to fully read the tooltips

4. smb1

smb1 New Member

This has been a frustration of mine for a looonnnngggg time.
    +1

5. FBW

FBW New Member

I agree it would be nice to be able to read these tips in a more comfortable manner.

6. matictec

matictec New Member

+1

7. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

And now we have it. latest update.

8. dab

dab

Re: Tool Tip **IMPLEMENTED

coo :D when will this update downloadable?

9. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Re: Tool Tip **IMPLEMENTED

Sorry DAB - I meant next update. Excuse me.

10. dab

dab

thanks for clarification

11. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Available for download.

12. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

Not fixed when using Firefox

13. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Can you try using a different machine using firefox? This is definitely fixed with firefox also - you might have a problem on your machine or browser settings. There is no reason for this simple thing to work on all browsers except your firefox. Delete your browser cache and try again. We tested this on all latest browsers IE, Chrome, Firefox.

14. dab

dab

Thanks :) for me it's working in IE8, FF4 and Windows Managment Console.

15. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Thanks for the confirmation on this.

16. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Hi,

The update doesn’t work for me either
    I have tried Firefox and IE, but the problem stays
    When I move the mouse on the question mark the time out is still much too short to read the explanations.
    I access the Phone System via the Windows Management Console and RDP, but there is no difference.
    Nicky, maybe a “culture problem” ? ;)

17. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

No I do not think this is a culture problem. i think it is a cache problem. Clear SL cache and browser cache, Let me know with your findings after this. (Thanks for yest btw)

18. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Hi Nicky,

Before we misunderstand each other, I refer to the tool tips in the 3CX Phone System.

I have cleared all cashes in FF4 and IE8 manually and by using CCleaner.
    Sorry, but the problem still exists.
    After, say 5 sec. max, the tool tips are gone.
    To read the tip again, I have to go with my mouse to another question mark, and then go back to the previous one otherwise it won’t pop-up.

19. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Do not use CCleaner. Clear cache in the normal standard way using the clearing of cache from within the browser and clear the Silverlight cache as described. Right click silverlight, Application storage, delete all. Confirm that application storage is enabled.

20. complex1

complex1 Active Member

This is where I am afraid of.
    You and the poster of this thread refer to MyPhone and I refer to the 3CX PBX.

I don’t have timeout problems with the tool tips in MyPhone, but I have timeout problems with the tool tips in the PBX.

Sorry for the noise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.