Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

touch response not recognized

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ZenMasta, Dec 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZenMasta

ZenMasta New Member

Whether I receive a call, or make a call to an automated system that requires touch tone response, none of the keys I press seem to work. I can clearly hear a beep for each number I press but whatever system on the other line is doesn't seem to think I pushed any buttons. ie credit card card company asking to enter account number before transferring me, etc.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

VoIP or Gateway call? What type of device are you using on 3CX?

3. ZenMasta

ZenMasta New Member

fxo gateway, cisco spa504g phone.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It could be a couple of things. First off, when using a gateway, be sure that the gateway is set to use the same DTMF SIP messaging as your set. The set will send DTMF as a tone and/or as a SIP message, there are a couple different types of messages. The gateway will interpret these messages and generate DTMF tone to send out on the phone line.

Sometimes you can enable DTMF audio at the set and it will work as well, it may not be as reliable at a DTMF tone generated at the gateway.

5. ZenMasta

ZenMasta New Member

I'm confused by all this still.

On my cisco phones there are only 2 tabs that mention anything DTMF
    Admin>Advanced>Sip Tab
    DTMF Relay MIME Type: application/dtmf-relay

Admin>Advanced>Regional Tab
    DTMF Playback Level: -16
    DTMF Playback Length: .1
    Inband DTMF Boost: 12dB

I tried to contact grandstream to explain my problem and this was their response
    "You should check the DTMF method on the phone. You can either use In-Audio, RFC2833, or SIP INFO. Please try each one to see which best suits your environment. Thanks."

In the gateway config under Dial Plan tab
    Use DTMF Parameter from RFC2833 or SIP Info: it is currently set to Yes
    (Default Yes, No mean to use following DTMF parameter settings)
    I tried changing this setting to No, updating/rebooting the gateway and it made no difference.

http://buggyonpurpose.com/random/InterpriseSuite/Grandstream_Device_Configuration_-_Mozilla_Firefox-2011.06.29-12.25.08.png

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

DTMF is generally send by one of the three methods that you mentioned, on occasion different manufacturers will refer to them using different terms, which can add to confusion. In your set, there should be DTMF method some settings too. I don't have that model of phone but from experience, with other Linksys devices, they should be there (perhaps someone else on the board familiar with the set cam chime in). You just have to match those with the ones that you set in the gateway. Sometimes just leaving it set to "Auto", when that option is available, works best.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.