touch tone issues

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ZenMasta, Jun 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZenMasta

ZenMasta New Member

I just tried calling att and everything it asked me to enter my phone number it would never accept the response and continue to ask as if I had never entered anything. So I had to say it.

Other companies I've called like fedex seem to have not had any issues, although usually I'm just hitting a single button like 0 to get to an operator.

Is this my problem, att or both?

2. gschwab

gschwab New Member

Could be you,I ran into that during my initial setup, In my case I have a grandstream GXW 4108 pstn gateway, had to set the DTMF Method to RFC2833 and it works.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ZenMasta

ZenMasta New Member

I called ATT back because they messed up an order. But I noticed that it was recognizing my key presses for the basic menus, ie 1 for sales 2 customser service etc. It was just when it was asking me to enter my 10 digit phone number that it didn't recognize it. So maybe its just that one part of the menu.

As I said other companies I've called where theres a simple menu seems to work fine.

I had overcome this previously on a grandstream 4104 by setting the dtmf method to ch1-4:2;. But now I'm using a voip provider.

Thanks.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It could be that you are being passed on to a different make/type of equipment, less sensitive, to the level or length of DTMF that is being sent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.