Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Touch Tone Response

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by nthomthom, May 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nthomthom

Hello. I have a HT-286 connected to my 3CX server. Phone calls both incomming and outgoing work fine for calls but if I call a company that uses an IVR the IVR either doesnt reconize my response at all or does recognize the correct response.

2. trificsystems

Have you set Send DTMF to via RTP (RFC2833)?

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It can sometimes be a DTMF "method" change in the ATA. However if your calls route out via a PSTN gateway, there may be a change needed there as well. the "method" should match that set in the ATA.

4. trificsystems

leejor is right of course! I'd kinda assumed you're using SIP trunks but if you're using a PSTN gateway then do as he suggests :)

5. nthomthom

I'm using SIP server. I do have the HT-286 set to RFC2833, but "In-Audio" is also checked. I can try unchecking "in-audio" and leaving just RFC2833 checked to see is that solves the issue.

This didn't solve the problem :(

6. trificsystems

In that case try checking In Audio, RFC2833 and SIP Info on the HT286. I don't know which method your ITSP supports so try all three. They don't seem to support RFC2833 so try the others.
    In any case a wireshark trace should tell you whats going on :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.