• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

tpad to tpad calling

Status
Not open for further replies.

SIPfun

Reaction score
I just got a free tpad.com account, which appears to give me a free SIP trunk (for incoming, and tpad-to-tpad calls)... You get this funky 6 digit "number".

Unless you pay, it can't make outgoing calls... BUT...

If it's really free for tpad to tpad calls, this might be good for setting up trunk routes between locations (for free), for those who haven't licensed their 3CX setup (or for those that don't want to use their channels on their main VoIP trunks).

I'll setup an attendant, with voicemail - and post my tpad # later for those that want to test.

Ok... Find your break in number near you (local charges may apply with your provider), and press 1, then 1624150.

http://www.tpad.com/Tpad-Country-Local-Break-In-Numbers.php

This will connect you to my 3CX PBX, and a predefined message.

This is a great alternative for those of your PSTN/VOIP provider charges for over seas calls... If you're overseas office makes a tpad #, you could just do your routing through tpad (no LD charges).

Anyway - if you're interested to see that tpad works - feel free to call my PBX.

Can you help me out to figure out how to do this? I want to do the same, but I also wanted to know (I'm 100% newbie) if I can receive calls from tpad and make outgoing phone calls with another provider (voipbuster perhaps?)...
that way in theory I can have
1. - incoming call phone number from tpad (I have a number from IPKALL forwarded to tpad)
2. - outgoing call by using voipbuster (free calls to the us)
please let me know if this is even possible
thanks,
Andy A.

Just FYI I have pretty much everything setup
9 before the number to dial from voipbuster and 8 before the number to dial to tpad
:)

you can config outbound route using voipbuster, (es. with 9 before the number)
for incoming line you config voip line with sip account of your provider, (tpad???), sip-server, username and password

Just a quick question guys. did this actually ever worked for you? because I just configured Tpad on 3cx and it works fine for a while but stops receiving calls later. Any clues?

I've yet to test it between 2 tpad lines.. But I can call my local #, enter my tpad # - and I get my auto attendant.

If you want - use your Tpad # to call mine (you will get dropped into voicemail on my 3CX box)... Or post yours - and I'll test it from a phone (behind my 3CX).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.