Track time spent in DND in call reporting

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by David Rowe, Dec 26, 2017.

Track time spent in DND in call reporting 4.9 5 9votes
4.9/5, 9 votes

1. David Rowe

We run a call centre helpdesk in our organisation and it would be useful if we could determine how long an agent is spending in DND and not actively taking calls. From what I can see from the current call reporting options, there's nothing that shows the time spent in DND each day.

John Davies likes this.
  2. John Davies

Any thing on this one?

Is a really good idea

3. bbaker73

bbaker73 New Member

We have clients asking for the same DND report.

4. voiptoys

voiptoys Active Member

This information is not saved anywhere in the 3CX database, and therefore cannot be reported upon. You may be able to capture this event using the Call Control API... but I've never tried.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Aleksa

I would also like to see how long DND or the other option in our case lunch or nature call was pressed in the Report. That could be an amazing feature to use as a time sheet

6. Natalie Ugalde

There is a work around. I have been running a report that can give me DND totals, it is just VERY time consuming. I was hoping for an "instant report" with these totals but from looking into these threads, 3CX does not have this available.

The basic concept is, 3CX timestamps when someone goes ON DND and when someone goes OFF DND. You have to use excel to calculate the difference from when the agent/employee went ON DND and when they went OFF DND. That gives you the length they were on DND. You will need to continue to do this and you can get a total for the day.

The way I find DND time is...

The report filters are as follows:
    • Type - Call Reports
    • Name - {your choice}
    • Report format - CVS File
    • E-mail address - {your email}
    • Frequency - One time now
    • Range - {I run one day at a time, which is the easiest and set me time parameters of when my staff is scheduled}
    • From - Any
    • To - Any
    • Filer answered or unanswered calls - Answered & Unanswered
    • Duration - Ringing and Talking
    Cleaning up the spreadsheet:
    • Remove unnecessary first few rows (leave the headers to filter)
    • Remove Columns C, I, K, & L
    • Filter by Destination - DND OFF & DND ON
    • Filter by Caller - {Choose your employee(s)}
    • Filter by Call Time - Oldest to newest
    • Filter by Caller ID - A to Z
    Here comes the tedious part.
    • Highlight all rows in Column A, starting at row 2
    • Select the Data tab at the top
    • Select Text to Columns
    • Select Fixed width then click next
    • Make sure there is a line splitting the date and time apart, then click next
    • The date should be in black and do not import column (skip) should be selected. Once complete select Finish
    • Right click on the highlighted rows and select Format Cells
    • Select Custom > [h]:mm:ss then select OK
    • You will need to calculate each extension’s DND time individually. Start by separating the extensions with colors to make it easier to identify each one
    • To calculate DND time you must subtract DND OFF from DND ON. Start with the first OFF, below the first ON
    • The formula is DND Off - DND ON
    • Copy the formula by highlighting the box above and the box with the formula, then dragging the corner box to the end of the first extensions time
    *** Tip - Do NOT drag the formula to the extension below. You will have to repeat steps to each extension individually. ***

In order for the totals to be accurate, each formula total must be aligned with a DND Off. If it falls on a DND On, the formula must be corrected.

*** Tip – The easiest way to correct an error is to:
    1. Delete the formula from the error down to the end of the extension
    2. Do a new formula to calculate the first off from the first on
    a. Errors will be caused by multiple OFFs in a row or multiple ONs in a row
    3. DO NOT drag that formula to the rest
    4. Check the next set to make sure they are consistent and correct. If they are set the formula and drag it to the rest.

Sometimes you will have to correct multiple errors. The report will calculate correctly if you fix the error and restart your new formula, after fixing the error, and before dragging.

To get the total highlight the totals of each extension and the sum will be shown at the bottom of the page on the right-hand side.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #6 Natalie Ugalde, May 3, 2018
    Last edited: May 4, 2018
    jed likes this.