Tracking inbound call

Discussion in 'Call Flow Designer' started by Andrzej Pierscionek, Jul 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andrzej Pierscionek

Hi,

I have a following scenario:
    Inbound Call -> VAD call flow A -> queue 1 (if no anwser) -> VAD call flow B -> make magic happen.
    In call flow B I need to make a decision based on session.did. However this information is avalible only in call flow A, and in B this variable is empty.
    How can I pass such information (or content of any variable to make it more general) from call flow A to B when there is a queue in the middle ?

2. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi @Andrzej Pierscionek,

In order to pass information forward, you need to save that information somewhere (for example in a database), using the "session.callid" as the key. Then, in the call flow B you will be able to retrieve the information from the database using the session.callid, which doesn't change.

Kind regards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Andrzej Pierscionek

Thank you.
    I was afraid that might be the case.
    So I'll probably go with database or files.

4. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Yes, you can use database, files, or whatever you feel more comfortable with. Give it a try and let me know if you have any issue.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.