• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Transfer Call - ask them to validate with pin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waseem

Reaction score
Hi

I am trying to active this following as part of a bigger project..

After meeting certain criteria (this part of the VAD is done ) the call is transferred once this call is answered

The agent (person who answered) is required to input a pin to continue with the call , and then various other things happen

I have one callflow at the moment , so i need to somehow detect when the call is answered and then ask them to input a code , validate against a database etc and then carry on

Can i even achieve this with VAD ?, I have done some reading around and I understand once the call is transferred it is disconnected from the 3CX system .. so not even sure this is possible ...

Thanks

Yes, that's what the VAD is for. You receive a call, you redirect it to a VAD app extension, the VAD app answers it and the user can input DTMF digits, you can validate the data against a database, etc. Then you can transfer the call to any other extension. When the call is transfered it is disconnected from the VAD app, but it will still be handled by 3CX.

Kind regards.

ahhh ok i think i see where i was missing the point , let me give that a go and see where i get

i blame the fact its Friday

Thanks

I understand your point about user inputs i have all that part of the app done.

Having thought about it again .. and read your message my problem is that when the call is transfered it is disconnected from the VAD app (as you said ) , whereas I need to check if the call is answered or not , and if the call is answered then validate the agent (not the caller) via VAD and then log the length of the call too until the transfered call is ended

1. Do initial checks when caller rings Callcentre (DONE and working)

2. Call transfered to relevant agent (based on user inputs and info from database) (at this point VAD app disconnects)

3. When agent answers the agent (and not caller) is asked for a PIN , if PIN validates then carry on , if not try next number

4. Track time of transfered call and log all this into database

Hope that makes more sense , Once the call is disconnected from the VAD app at 2) I am not sure how to do the other stuff (if at all )

I'm not sure if I understand. But please note that:
- The VAD only works with the established call. You can't do anything else after the call is transfered, you don't have control anymore over that call.
- If you need to manipulate the call after that, maybe you need to use the 3CX Call Control API from the server.

For point 3, I don't understand, if you transfer the call to an agent, the caller will be connected to the agent. Where is the agent supposed to enter the DTMF input?

For point 4, sounds like you need to monitor calls using the 3CX Call Control API and save the info you need in the database.

Kind regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damiano giannini
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.