• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

transfer call to external GSM line

Status
Not open for further replies.

bemas

Reaction score
Hi,

I am trying to transfer call to external GSM line from unregistered extension.

The test was ONLY successful when I put 2 SIMs card in my VoiceBlue GSM Gateway. Otherwise with 1 SIM card, I always hear the error "Call transfer failed, Number Busy".
But when I put the second SIM in the VBL it routes the call throught the second one and the two SIMS are engagged which is not good enough because I want the two SIMS to be freed once the transfer is completed.

Let me explain step by step:

1. I called the VBL GSM Gateway through SIM 1 number.
2. The DR welcomes bla bla bla and I pressed 5 on my phone.
3. Digit 5 is connected to an unregistered EXT that perpetually make an external line to my second phone number
4. With the 2nd SIM in the VBL gateway, I got the call on my second phone. OK
5. With ONLY one SIM in the VBL, i heard an error annoucement "Call transfer failed, Number Busy".

I prefer to use only only one SIM to complete the transfer.
I also can afford to have the second SIM in the VBL if and only if, the two SIMs will be freed after i picked the call on my second phone, so that the two SIMs can leave me alone with my phones to talk and be ready to attend to another call.

Hope this is clear.

Br,
Ben O.

What you are describing sounds no different than having two phone lines, either two gateways or two VoIP lines. If you call in on one the second one has to be available for the transferred call to go out on. You can't call in, from an external phone, then do a transfer to another outside line, without a second line (the second SIM).

Thanks, I understand your detail.

Please help to answer these 2 follow up questions :
1. How can the two SIMs in the gateway gets disconnected from the call loop, after they have completed the transfer and attend to another incoming call.

2. How can 3CX do blind transfer as against the attended transfer it used to do.

Please help.

Ben

To answer 1, they don't. They will both be in use while the forwarded call is up as it will use both GSM lines while passing through 3CX.
I'm not sure how you had it working previously. In your scenario it is really a forwarded call even if it goes through an automated attendant. An attended transfer would normally involve a person who would announce the call to the called person.

Thanks for your help leejor,

Still on the second question;
Please someone should help on how I can do blind transfer with internal extension.

My thinking is that, with blind transfer, the routing SIM will be freed immediately the called number starts to ring.

Please I need help on how to do blind transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.