Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Transfer call while staying on the line with customer

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by SamuelKrawetz, Feb 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SamuelKrawetz

This may need to be something 3CX has to add. But we need to do warm transfers, meaning our agent stays on the line with the customer until someone picks up and then our agent leaves those 2 there.

Right now we plan to use conference calling to achieve a similar effect, not the most ideal for many obvious reasons.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

3. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. SamuelKrawetz

You do not understand.

Attended does not cover what I am asking.

I call a customer, us 2 are on the same line able to talk, etc
    I dial another agent, phone rings, us 2 are still on the same line able to talk, etc
    Other agent answers, us 3 are now all on the same line
    I introduce them to one another and I say good bye
    Conversation between other agent and customer take place without me on the line.

Big difference from an attended transfer, thanks for trying to help though

5. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

but that is not what you said...
    "stays on the line with the customer until someone picks up and then our agent leaves those 2 there. "

So what you described is attended transfer. STAY ON THE LINE UNTIL SOMEONE PICKS UP.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Frank D

Frank D New Member

Conference calls sound exactly like what you need. Maybe you can fine tune some conference settings on the phones / 3cx to cope with your "obvious" painpoints.
    What are those?

7. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I agree with Frank D.

By the time you want to have, even for a short period of time, 3 parties talking on the same call (original Caller, Transferer, Transferee), this would be a conference call.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.