• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Transfer direct to voicemail across a bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

netswork

Bronze Partner
Intermediate Cert.
Reaction score
Has anyone tried to make transfer to voicemail work across a bridged connection? I have tried making an outbound rule matching an extension *41102 But I get a recording that states no option was performed. So I instead tried making an outbound rule for 41102 stripped the 4 and prepended a *4 with the same result.

This customer has 6 locations bridged together and soon will be taking all calls in a call center at 1 location and need to be able to transfer to voice mail to the other locations across the bridges.

While a * or # might be sent over a bridge trunk, I'd be surprised if it were (by default) be interpreted (routed) properly at the far end. You are trying to perform a function that would normally be restricted to "local" extensions.

Then again, I might be totally off-base. Someone from 3CX would have the definitive answer.

Thanks for your response leejor. 3cx support told me it will only work if you use a prefix for bridge calls...which we currently dont use. So if you used a 8 prefix and dialed 8*4XXXX it would go across. Or if you changed the dial code for each system to be something different for transfer to voicemail.

We designed the extensions so we would not need a prefix...so I guess well see what the customer says.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.