Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Transfer from a local extention to another one

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Pierre Hyvrard, Jan 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pierre Hyvrard

Hello,

I'm new in ipbx world, I've tried Trixbox and a few days after, I can say I won't use it.
    Now, 3cx, which seams to be very easy and functional, but I have to resolve a little thing before I say to my client to use it...

I just want to do something that I thought it was very simple :
    I receice an external call into my local phone, but it's not for me, so I want to transfer the communication to my friend, in the same room than me.

I didn't see anything about that in the 3cx documentation, and after searching in forums (with Google, no seach function here), I've understood that it's not possible with a "normal" phone like my Siemens S450 IP, or an analog phone behind a gateway.

So can you tel me :
    - If I've well understood ?
    - What models have a "magic button" to use the transfert function with 3cx ?

Thank you for your response,
    Pierre

2. matthijsolislagers

matthijsolislagers New Member

3. Pierre Hyvrard

You are talking about all thoses SIP phones :

SNOM 360-SNOM 320 (Recommended)
    SNOM 320-360 (Using auto-provisioning)
    GrandStream GXP-2000 (Recommended)
    GrandStream GXP-2000 and GXP-2020 (Using auto-provisioning)
    Polycom SoundPoint IP 301, 320,330,401,501,550 (Recommended)
    3CX VOIP Client (Recommended)
    CISCO 7940
    X-Lite 3.0
    GrandStream HandyTone 386
    GrandStream HandyTone 286
    SJ phone
    Aastra 9133i SIP and Aastra 480i (Not Recommended)
    Linksys SPA-921 (Not Recommended)
    D-Link DPH-140S (Not Recommended)

can you confirm that on all thoses models, the transfer button works with all 3cx versions ?

4. matthijsolislagers

matthijsolislagers New Member

Yes, the transfer buttons on all the phones work. In the list are also some ATA adapters for use with regular analog phones. Those doesn't work.

I reccoment the Grandstream GXP-2000 phone. It is easy to configure and easy to use.

Good luck!

5. huzer1

If you have the money/time to learn how to program and use them, the Cisco 7960g's have worked better then we ever expected. It just takes a little patience to actually get them into SIP mode.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. LLangston

On the Polycom Soundpoint 501 the blind transfer works great but the attended transfer has problems.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Philco

Philco Member

You will find that Grandstream HT486 and 488 ATAs will work fine with an analogue phone that has a transfer or recall button, though he latest firmware for these appears to have a bug in the transfer function, but earlier vesrion works fine.

To test the transfer function with a phone that does not have a transfer or recall button, try pushing the on hook button momentarily to simulate a recall condition (loop disconect). In the case of the Grandstreams if you do this, you will geta dial tone while still holding on to the call, then follow your ATAs instructions for transfering a call or even 3 way conferencing.

As matthijsolislagers suggests, the GXP2000 works well, easy to configure, not too many buttons with alternate functions (like the snom to confuse the user and Ive installed both) and in my opinion, the GXP2000 sounds good too.

Phil

8. abelaguilar

can you describe how blind transfer works in polycom 501 and how to use it?

Thanks

9. LLangston

Use the Transfer Button on the lefthand side of the phone, some options will show up on the screen, choose the blind transfer method and punch the soft key for that option, then punch in the extension that you want to transfer to and replace handset in the cradle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.